The Red Shoes (Blu-ray) Restoration Edition - Your thoughts?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 Jul 2009 19:45:09 BDT
Reduman says:
I had never seen this film before, but I had read somewhere that a newly restored edition had been screened at the Cannes Film Festival earlier this year (2009). A week ago I was in London (I do not live in the UK) and picked up the Blu-ray version at HMV at Victoria Station (apparently the Blu-ray version is currently only available exclusively at HMV for the time being).
I did not actually get around to watching it until a few days ago. Boy, what a revelation! If you have only ever seen this on VHS/DVD/TV - forget what you have seen and get the Blu-ray version now. If you do not have a hi-def set-up, this film might just be the one reason to make you want to make that changeover now.
A huge "thank-you" to Martin Scorcese and his "The Film Foundation" for raising the funds to enable the restoration to take place. If all worthwhile classics had this kind of painstakingly loving restoration effort lavished on them, the world would be such a richer place.
Have you seen the newly restored version on DVD and or Blu-ray? What do you think?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  14 Jul 2009
Latest post:  14 Jul 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions