Customer Discussions > Aphrodite forum

Recommendations please!!! Dance/Pop music from UK

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Jul 2010 00:05:05 BDT
Tara Lynn says:
Hello Everyone!!! I live in the United States but love alot of music that is popular in the UK!!! One of my favorites is Kylie Minogue. It's hard to believe alot of people in the US have never even heard of her. I have all her albums. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any other female artists that do pop/dance/disco type music that maybe I have never heard of. I would love to find more music similar to Kylie, Madonna, Danni Minogue, etc. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Aug 2010 16:13:26 BDT
Fjireland says:
i would suggest to you sophie elllis bextor - i would go for her singles off her last three studio albums - more of a singles than album artist to be honest.

Singles are:
Groovejet (If This Ain't Love) ([Radio Edit]
Take Me Home (A Girl Like Me)
Murder on the Dancefloor
Get Over You
Music Gets the Best of Me
Mixed Up World
Catch You
Today The Sun's On Us
Heartbreak 'Make Me a Dancer'
Bittersweet

There's the swedish dance star Robyn too to consider.
have a look on youtube at her stuff.. she had a huge hit With Every Heartbeat a few years back... you might like her stuff

The British girl band Girls Aloud have had some cracking dance/ pop songs over the last few years over here... they have a great best of ... a good starting point...
again have a look on youtube to see if you might like it... songs like "can't speak french", "the show", "biology" are quite dancey...

Currently, there is a new girl group The Saturdays who deliver dancey pop too. have a look on youtube at "ego" and "up" to judge if you like them to..

i hope this helps... can't really think of anyhting more to suggest at the moment...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Aphrodite forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  24 Jul 2010
Latest post:  5 Aug 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Aphrodite
Aphrodite by Kylie Minogue (Audio CD - 2010)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (162)