Customer Discussions > Kiss And Tell forum

Recommendations for fiction about horses / horseriding

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Apr 2011 21:55:52 BDT
Hi everyone, I am just reading "Kiss and Tell" by Fiona Walker and would really like some recommendations for other books set in the world of horseriding. I've read the usual Jilly Coopers and some of Fiona Walker's other books. Has anyone got any other good suggestions? Thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Apr 2011 19:11:36 BDT
Try reading Jenny Pitman for a fantastic series of books. Have read them all and be warned once you start they are really hard to put down. Barbara Smith

Posted on 12 Apr 2011 13:47:19 BDT
L. Naylor says:
If you enjoy both Jill Cooper (early stuff) and Fiona Walker try Christina Jones some of her books are based around the horse / stable line (Jumping to Conclusions, Stealing the Show, Running the Risk and Going the Distance) not sure what order the run but they are very good you could also try nothing to lose which is based around the dog racing theme this is the very first book of CJ's that I read and it had me hooked. Hope this helps

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Oct 2011 17:05:40 BDT
Dear Mrs. Edward,

If you go to the website below, you will find the most extensive and complete information, not just about pony books for children but also about adult fiction in the world of horse riding. The creator of the site, Jane Badger originally started a small site for pony book lovers as an information sideline to her business as a seller of pony books, but over the last 4 years has worked ceaselessly and vastly expanded her site which now also includes a section of horse books for adults. It is definitely worth visiting to get the information you want.

www.janebadgerbooks.co.uk

Posted on 18 Oct 2011 17:12:51 BDT
Why, oh why, has Fiona Walker decided not to have her latest book published as a hardback. There are still many of us out there who don't want to buy a flimsy paperback and as a compulsive book reader and collector, I wouldn't dream of spending a penny on Amazon's Kindle or other computer books. What would I put in my book cases? I like her new book, I am an avid reader of adult horse books, but I simply won't be pressurised into buying non-hardbacks.

Posted on 21 May 2012 10:50:10 BDT
High Scribe says:
I couldn't help but reply to your post. I'm a racing romance author, who takes her inspiration from the likes of Jilly Cooper and Christina Jones. You could check out my two novels recently published. They are not part of a series but similar to the Rutshire Chronicles, characters reappear in other books so it'd be worth your while to start with At Long Odds before moving onto Keeping the Peace.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa5ea1c30)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kiss And Tell forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  4 Apr 2011
Latest post:  21 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Kiss And Tell
Kiss And Tell by Fiona Walker (Paperback - 31 Mar 2011)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (60)