Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 40 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 11 Sep 2008 15:57:35 BDT
If we pre-order with amazon are we garunteed the game on release day?

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Sep 2008 23:52:59 BDT
I also would like to know. My Dutch friends have ordered from places that have guaranteed this.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Sep 2008 09:13:02 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 Sep 2008 09:13:53 BDT
Spup says:
Does the lack of response to this question from Amazon indicate that using a 'Trading Partner' will not guarantee delivery on the day of release....?

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Sep 2008 12:33:08 BDT
This is a very important point for the majority of us "addicts" out here. I have the game on pre-order and expect it to land on my mat on the release date as I will be taking a day off work to install and play it (I know it's sad but there we go).

If its not going to arrive I feel I will have no option but to cancel my order with Amazon who I use for almost all purchases of this type and get it from a vendor who will guarantee delivery. If there is no response from Amazon on this I will take it that delivery is not guaranteed

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Sep 2008 16:02:49 BDT
Amazon do no offer such an on release delivery service, via indigostarfish or otherwise, so there's no point in making ultimatums. They usually ship out on the day of release, with it arriving 1-2 days after. Very rarely it will ship out on the day before, but that's still no garauntee it will arrive on the day of release.

to my knowledge the only online uk retailer offering such a service is game.co.uk. For once game are matching the pricing from the usually cheaper options of play and amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Sep 2008 16:48:54 BDT
Spup says:
Hmmm.... having purchased some of the past Harry Potter releases, I know that Amazon do offer such a guarantee, hence the question.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Sep 2008 08:19:00 BDT
J. W. says:
The easiest solution is to ask Amazon Client Support. I did. They said there is no guarantee, because they process the orders on a first-come, first-served basis.

I have just ordered 2 copies, they will be dispached on 12.Nov and should arrive on 13-14. Nov... but... I don't live in UK. I live in Germany, but I play English version. It won't be sold by ingostarfish, but by Amazon EU S.a.r.L. and delivered in 1-2 days using (quite expensive) Priority Express delivery.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Sep 2008 19:47:00 BDT
A. Lawson says:
After receiving an e-mail from Amazon today informing me that I would receive it between the 14th and the 18th of november, I have now cancelled my order and will be buying from a store that can guarantee delivery on release day.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Sep 2008 14:19:57 BDT
Amazon can deliver on the release day as this is exactly what they did with the last expansion!

I have the shinny shrink wrapped package dropped on my mat with the first post delivery and was able to install and enter the Outlands a short while after. The reason this is important is that if WotLK is anything like BC then the first few days are great in the new areas. You actually see 100's of people on line and in the same area, and the mythical world PvP does break out and groups fight over the same targets.

If the game arrives several days later much of the gloss has already gone!

Any way I have now cancelled by long standing pre-order and will be getting the game delivered by another company when I want it, and yes I have had to pay slightly more but so what!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Sep 2008 16:26:13 BDT
No, they didn't do on release delivery for the last expansion.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Sep 2008 15:40:53 BDT
Sorry fella (and as we have the same name I am going to be nice to you :-) )

I was there the night before the portal opened with my guild fighting and the next morning after I had installed the game went through the portal with several members of my guild and by that afternoon was wiping in the first instance.

So either I live in a parallel universe or Amazon delivered the game on it's release date!

They did it before so they should do it again or they will lose many 1000's of orders.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Sep 2008 14:52:57 BDT
C. Smith says:
I, too, received an email from Amazon stating that they were changing the way WotLK was being delivered. I know for a fact that when I pre-ordered several months ago, it was being despatched by Amazon itself - not Indigostarfish.

The email said basically not to expect the game on release day, but somewhere between 3 and 4 days later. Sorry, but that's just not good enough. The order was cancelled right then and there, and judging from the comments / "reviews" by other customers, a lot of other people will be doing the same. I just hope Amazon are sending the email to everyone in the UK, and it wasn't just a one-off thing, otherwise there are going to be a lot of unruly customers come the 13th of November.

I've placed my order with another online retailer who have always delivered either on the day of release, or sometimes the day before. Sorry Amazon, but unless you stock the Collector's Edition, you're not going to sell me WotLK. Think carefully about this sort of thing come the next WoW expansion and you'll lose a lot less sales.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Sep 2008 16:18:15 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Sep 2008 17:18:23 BDT
You missed my point. There was not an on release delivery guarantee for the last expansion, standard or CE. So you got lucky only, that's it.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Sep 2008 19:28:09 BDT
I know that it does not matter but I want Amazon to know that due to them not being able to deliver on release date I am cancelling my order and instead pre-ordering from a different retailer who can guarantee release date delivery free of charge.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Oct 2008 11:42:12 BDT
T. Hall says:
i cant see why they cant send it all out early... you wont be able to play the new content until blizz have updated all the servers... on the 13th. all we need are the code-keys early really... content will probably come via download the data on the disks is bound to be out of date anyway
so why not send all the packs out for delivery on your mat for the 12th... its useless until around midnight... post patch!

Ter

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Oct 2008 23:24:51 BDT
I also have canceled my order, its sad because i ordered this months ago expecting it to be sent from amazon, i got the burning crusade on day of release and fully expected the same this time.

I sent an e-mail asking about the delivery but after a week i've had zero response so i've gone ahead and ordered from someone else.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Nov 2008 10:28:26 GMT
Last edited by the author on 11 Nov 2008 10:29:57 GMT
Alpha says:
I always pre-order from Game.co.uk

They have never let me down. I always receive the game on the day of release or even the day before. My WOTLK copy was sent out today (11th November). I'll probably get it in the post tomorrow! They even sent Fable 2 and Age of Conan to me the day before release (though the servers were still closed!!) Always order from Game

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Nov 2008 12:57:29 GMT
Last edited by the author on 11 Nov 2008 17:28:49 GMT
J. W. Allan says:
I've learned my lesson!

Just got my dispatch email. They are only sending me one of two copies i ordered. That should make for an interesting row when it arrives.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Nov 2008 09:00:47 GMT
Bobs42 says:
Already got my copy from game, and my copy from Amazon that I ordered using express delivery 10 months ago???? Being dispatched tommorow. Amazon have lost a customer permanently.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Nov 2008 09:58:15 GMT
basically, NO, i ordered my copy over 3 months ago, Paid for 1st class, this is the 1st company that has taken OVER 3 days to deliver a 1st class package to me. its still not here, and the game goes live tonight, ill be returning it back to amazon, i may as well take a walk into town now and buy a copy. i seriously dont understand how blizzard with over 11 million subscribing customers even dare allow companies like this to distribute their game. My freinds in ICELAND sweden germany belgium france ISREAL and jordan, have all receieved copys from their owns suppliers, i find it truely amazing that the UK postal service cannot match any of those country's

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Nov 2008 14:19:27 GMT
I will never use Amazon again. My order still has not been dispatched, it's too late now to order from anyway else because I waited with the blind faith that Amazon would not let all these customers down. More fool me. I preordered this last January from here as I got the BC the day before release so I could play at midnight when it went live. My item still has not been dispatched so I guess I wont even be getting it for tomorrow. All my friends have their copies already having not ordered them from Amazon so I will be the only one missing out on the party tonight, thanks Amazon.

I have been a customer here for years but after this I will not be using Amazon again and will be recommending others to shop elsewhere if you want your items delivered in time.

I can't believe Amazon has not responded to the concerns these customers have, obviously they don't care. I realise they won't be too bothered over losing me as a customer, I'm only one out of millions after all but its the only thing I can do to show my disappointment with this company.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Nov 2008 14:33:50 GMT
J. W. Allan says:
Perhaps if enough of us complain to Blizzard, they may deal with a wayward supplier.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2008 11:08:55 GMT
N Jones says:
I wish I'd ordered from GAME this time! Bleh.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2008 11:49:06 GMT
J. W. Allan says:
here we are, the 13th and no delivery. what a surprise.

Apparently posted on the 11th. First class post should have had it to me on the 12th, let alone the 13th. I will be sending a strongly worded complaint. I'm thinking BBC Watchdog.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2008 12:44:53 GMT
M. J. Dixon says:
I pre-ordered in January 2008.

Game arrived this morning (13 Nov = release day).

I called yesterday to chase and they said it might take a few days, so I expect they were just hedging their bets. I hope others' packs arrive soon too.

Good luck.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  32
Total posts:  40
Initial post:  11 Sep 2008
Latest post:  14 Nov 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
World of Warcraft: The Wrath of the Lich King Expansion Pack (PC/Mac)
World of Warcraft: The Wrath of the Lich King Expansion Pack (PC/Mac) by Blizzard (Windows)
3.7 out of 5 stars   (206)