on 2 July 2013
"Reapers Run" follows Sergeant Jill "Reaper" Repeth following her contracting the Eden Plague virus - a so-called disease that affects humans at the molecular level and brings with it superhuman healing, improved senses, and insatiable food cravings... following her escape from a cruise ship full of other "sickos", a government ruse to round up anyone and everyone they see as a threat, Jill embarks on a quest to find her family - but winds up finding redemption and hope in the unlikeliest of places.

As the world begins to fall apart following the Eden Plague outbreak, Jill has no idea who to trust - and she must rely on her new-found allies to evade the very government she was sworn to protect, before she and everyone she loves winds up another casualty in a brand new kind of war... one that will change the face of humanity and life as we know it.

Reapers Run is designed to bridge the gap between book #1 and book #2 of his exciting Eden Plague series, but it also works remarkably well as a standalone novel. I read through the book in around 3 evenings and found myself not wanting to put my kindle down - the action is fast-paced and the emotional turmoil that the characters must overcome is very real indeed.

Can't recommend this highly enough - if you're a fan of action-packed books with a military twist, give this a go - highly recommended.
on 11 August 2013
I received this free to read and review.
This reads like an extract from the excellent "Plague Wars" series however it was not included in the series. For anyone who has been reading the series up to now will have used their own imagination to fill in the missing bits. If you have not read the series it will probably tell you too much and spoil the enjoyment of the series if you choose to read it.
It is a well written book that keeps the reader engaged from the first to last page however the suspense is muted by the fact that you know that Jill Reaper will survive to the end of the book no matter what is thrown at her. I did however like the irony of American citizens trying to escape to Mexico.
on 25 February 2015
I do love a good dystopian novel. Got the first in this series as a free book. Bought this one to see how it continued, and read it in one sitting. It just got hold of me and I was in a lucky place with time on my hands, thoroughly enjoyable read. I could criticise a few points, but that would be a bit picky. I'm now on the next in the series, so I must be enjoying them.
on 14 September 2015
Reaper's Run.
I really enjoyed the first book in the series and this continuation was great. The story line follows on from one of the minor characters in the first plot. Funnily enough having lived in the USA although originally from England and just after 9/11 I can really see how easily the USA can be turned into a police state after witnessing the implementation of the Patriot act (its unpatriotic to vote against it ) and homeland security. This is not meant to be a political rant but a way of saying that the ideas expressed in the book about how people react and are manipulated are not far fetched.
Although it can be read on its own I would recommend reading the first one (its free on kindle) and that sets the scene.
Like a review I read elsewhere I have to restrict myself to one of these books a day
on 26 September 2014
It all starts with an idea that might not like completely original, as other authors in the past explored similar themes, but the the Plague Wars series evolves into something completely different, presenting you characters that will become like friends to end up into Space for an Epic Saga that could easily be made into great movies!
on 11 July 2015
Well written with a strong main character, her adventures through the book comes across involving and detailed. Though the action and story line keeps moving along not all elements add value to the overall plot from the first book. Very much the first person perspective than plot development. Worth a read.
on 22 August 2015
I love that this book continues the character development of Reaper, who was introduced briefly in Eden's Plague. This book starts to give us a real feel of how the world is reacting to the new plague, those who enjoy studying human psychology will really enjoy how the book unfolds. A must read.
on 24 May 2015
Really enjoying this series. Second book continued the main story arc but was significantly different in its scope and character perspective. As such it was a great read without it feeling repetitive in anyway. Only downside was it was over too quick! Looking forward to number three now.
on 8 February 2015
Ok so Eden plague was great but patchy, all those problems have gone away and book is simply incredible. Real high paced action. I read it in one sitting pretty much which is something I haven't done for at least 5 years! Highly recommended series
on 18 August 2014
Bought this straight after Eden Plague and could not put this one down either ... Brilliant reads and highly recommended! Now on to the next Plague Wars book by David VanDyke & Ryan King and sure it will be another hard to put down book.