Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 11 Jun 2012 16:55:43 BDT
Marion says:
I'm a grandmother who's children live in Europe and I love to Skype them with the tablet as I can show them around my house etc., When it works its great but I have found that after closing it and trying to use it again say the next day, it won't sign me in and I have to uninstall it and reinstall it to get it to work again. Well thats a pain to do each time. I downloaded the app from Google play but would like to know if there is an app somewhere else that would work better for Skype. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Posted on 11 Jun 2012 22:51:45 BDT
Footsore says:
I think we all have some problems with skype and some will be down to the tablet but a lot are also down to skype. I had problems with the picture to begin with but discovered it was my old cam on the laptop plus lots of feedback. Then tried with an hp touchpad and it worked better although sound slightly worse. Funny enough i have the problem you have with the touchpad in that it's a flaff to get it working again, but it could be that i'm running off same wi-fi. Will need to get one of my friends to fully test. However if you look around the forum you will find various people with suggestions and i found the link below with other users on the older tablet. Certainly the move to Ice cream sandwich also meant that skype and tablet were out of sync again. i've got this newer version of tablet with ics and downloaded from web but if that is not working for you then try the link below which suggests various downloads of skype which might be older but may work for your circumstances. The asian download may be one to try. ICS is still fairly new and what doesn't work one day may work the next.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skype-Video-Calling/forum/Fx1DBIDSXCYCEJH/Tx3Q2SD2A7IBYGV/1/ref=cm_cd_fp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8

Posted on 12 Jun 2012 16:47:17 BDT
Marion says:
Thank you will try that. My tablet is the latest ICS from Wendy lou.

Posted on 12 Jun 2012 20:00:20 BDT
Wendy says:
This one is generally the best version for the tablet you have - http://www.asianfonesforum.com/showthread.php?2609-SKYPE-VIDEO-app-for-Ice-Cream-Sandwich-Android-4-0

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jun 2012 19:48:10 BDT
Marion says:
Thanks but it seems to work each time now so maybe I'll keep the stores app.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
NATPC M009S RTB ULTIMATE 7" 16GB Capacitive Android tablet PC - Android 4.0 ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich)- now with DOUBLE storage (16GB) and DOUBLE system ram (1GB) for ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE - WiFi - Compatible with BBC iPlayer
NATPC M009S RTB ULTIMATE 7" 16GB Capacitive Android tablet PC - Android 4.0 ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich)- now with DOUBLE storage (16GB) and DOUBLE system ram (1GB) for ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE - WiFi - Compatible with BBC iPlayer by NATPC
3.9 out of 5 stars   (427)