1,249
Style Name: Miracle Complexion Sponge|Change

My friend encouraged me to purchase this after seeing her use yours to achieve her flawless foundation look. I did some research into this version and it's competitor - the beauty blender.
I found even after purchasing that i made the right decision. The miracle complexion sponge can be used both damp and dry to put on your foundation and if you feel like cream blush!
The pointed end is perfect for targeting those troublesome break outs without pushing the concealer around your face. This is vital to me as i find that i have trouble covering up my spots with a regular brush or concealer applicator.
The flat edge of the sponge is what separates the beauty blender from the miracle complexion sponge. It enables you to pack the foundation into the nooks and crannies of your face - particularly under your eyes. I found this to be vital when applying foundation on top of your concealer. Using the rounded edge i fear would push and disrupt the products when coating over each other. You can also use the rounder edge to apply your make up to the remaining parts of your face or as suggested by Nic and Sam - to apply cream blush. It works perfectly along your cheekbone and perhaps would even be great for contouring.
The colour is also adorable, a bright happy orange that would not be able to hide in your make up bag should you need to find it.
I would recommend this product to any one who finds using brushes leaves a streaky finish to your foundation.

Product description at time of review:
A elegant look starts with a flawless base
A face sponge for applying liquid foundation
Three-in-one sponge tip
Blends makeup for a smooth finish
Developed by makeup artist and beauty blogger Sam Chapman
review image review image review image
on 28 May 2015
The wife says this is brilliant. Best spongy thing she has used for applying stuff. She seems to have lots of other spongy stuff which will probably now go in the bin. Or I could use them to touch up scratches on my car. Not this one though - this is the "ferrari of sponges' she says.
44 comments| 214 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 May 2016
This is NOT a genuine Real Techniques complexion sponge. I have had 3 or 4 in the past and it is not the same material and not the same packaging, fake! Also when I wet the sponge for the first time lots of foam came out when I squeezed the water out! Binned!!
on 23 June 2016
At first this item was great, my make up went on smoothly with it and I loved it. However, after a couple of uses I washed the sponge as instructed and bits started to come off. More and more have now come off to the point where it isn't useable. To say I've only had it a couple of months and used it maybe three times a week, it's not good enough, I would expect something like this to last much longer. I shall continue my search for the perfect make up sponge, but sadly this isn't it.
on 21 April 2014
Wow. Never thought using a sponge would make such a difference. I can use only a little bit of foundation and the sponge makes it blend so into my skin so it looks like it's my natural face, not make up! haha. I also find that foundation stays in place for much longer when applied with this product. great price too. very happy.
on 7 January 2015
I wanted to see if it was a dupe for the original beauty blender. Used it ONCE and when cleaning it tore in several places!!! Not happy at all! What a waste of money! I have enclosed a picture as it best describes it.
review image
33 comments| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 May 2016
Really disappointed with this product. Tried to wash it with warm water and soap and the whole sponge completely disintegrated. Wouldn't recommend buying-- even though beauty blenders are more expensive I'll stick to buying their brand in future as it's much better quality.
on 7 February 2015
Literally in love with this. Miles better than any other brush i have tried. It makes your foundation and concealer look flawless and natural
on 27 May 2016
This sponge is phenomenal! Having never used a blender type sponge before, I thought I would treat myself. I received this just a few hours ago and decided to test it when getting ready for work. This sponge blends make up like a dream and takes literally half the time it would with a brush or with fingers to get the same level of finish. My skin looks natural, not mask like from over application within seconds! This sponge is definitely easy to use, especially for make up novices like me. A quick look on the Real Techniques youtube page brings up a tutorial for those a little intimidated or undecided on the matter. I thoroughly recommend this!
on 11 July 2016
This is my first real techniques sponge so I cannot tell if it is genuine. The only differences I found between this and the beauty blender (BB) is the flat side on this sponge is good when applying products to your cheeks, forehead etc. as opposed to the rounded end of the beauty blender but because the sponge is not as bouncy as the BB you need to apply more pressure. The other difference is that this sponge split down the middle after 3.5 months while I was washing it.
Was it good enough for me to buy a replacement bearing in mind I still have 2 beauty blenders? No. The overall performance of the BB is superior.