This book of practice test papers can be used by parents to prepare their child for school tests in three subject areas at Key Stage 1 – reading, writing and spelling, and mathematics. There are eight sets of practice papers in all, providing 10-12 hours of test practice, plus answers and notes for parents.
• These practice test papers give children the confidence of knowing the sort of questions they will experience in school tests towards the end of Key Stage 1.
• The papers also enable parents to assess their child’s progress at school, identify strengths and weaknesses, and help improve their child’s confidence and ability.
• The three subject areas are covered as follows:
– Reading: two papers, each including a level 2 and a level 3 test.
– Writing and spelling: three papers, each including two writing tasks (one longer and one shorter). These tasks cover different styles of writing and enable parents to assess their child’s handwriting skills. Each paper also includes a spelling test.
– Mathematics: three papers, the first of which is aimed at levels 1–2 and the remaining two at level 3.
• Parents can mark their child’s work using the pull-out answers and mark schemes provided. The marks can then be used to assess the child’s National Curriculum level.