on 23 August 2012
I recently made three separate purchases of these bags from Raygar, via Amazon, in sizes 90x50, 130x90 and 100x80.
I found them all easy to easy to use. Although the instructions appear comprehensive , they are missing some small but essential details . There are two removable caps; the large outer one is a securing ring that retains the transparent plastic valve membrane . Prior to deflating the bag you need to check that the membrane is centred (covering the hole) , before securing it with the larger ring . Then you are ok to suck the air out with a vacuum cleaner, before inserting and tightening the smaller stopper. I've found it best to use the lowest setting on the vacuum and to pause part way through the process , to reshape and flatten the bag and contents, making it easier to store.
For practicable everyday use, I'd recommend the 90x50 and 100x80 sizes. Blankets and single quilts will fit in the former, but for large double or king size, you'll need the 100x80. So far I've found only limited used for the very large 130x90 size, such as for storing garden furniture cushions.
Once packed and stored I remove and store the blue plastic `zip fastener' clips as they are easily knocked off and lost. Apart from these minor observations, I'm generally very pleased with the design and quality of this product.
44 comments|262 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 July 2015
These bags are amazing! I managed to pack so much stuff away! I'm also surprised how small they went after all the air had been taken out
review image review image
on 27 January 2015
I love my new bags and they do exactly what they are supposed to do, it's an absolute no brainer and I really am impressed with the amount of air that can be expelled in the extraction process!

Just one little tip that might help others: Before purchasing the bags I noticed some reviewers mentioning a slight problem with the blue plastic sliding closure tags being easy to knock off the bag and get lost. Well the solution that I have devised - and it works a treat - is to slide the locking tag back into the middle of the closure after sealing rather than leaving it at one or other end of the bag. It's as simple as that. It will definitely fall off if left in the outside position but in the middle it is held fast by the sealing grooves of the bag itself and won't get knocked off!

Hope this helps? Once again, a wonderful product and highly recommended.
on 20 March 2012
these bags are great. better than more expensive ones. will definitely use these in future.6 vacuum storage bags 100 x 80 great bags. great price.
on 16 October 2012
Exactly what I needed, large enough to store spare duvet & pillows, they do come with a blue tab to help seal but this is not always needed. Easy to remove excess air through the vacuum vent & seal before air escapes.
on 4 May 2014
Poor quality. Rip easily, let air back in way too easily. Would not buy again. Suppose you get what you pay for
on 7 October 2015
Doesn't keep a good seal. First bag I tried using ripped immediately.

The first part that ripped is the zip locking portion. The little blue tab that you use to seal the bag actually ripped the plastic which right away caused a leak in the vacuum.

When I tried lifting the bag while putting in a storage box, the bottom part of the bag ripped. I have used other storage bags before and they did not rip so easily. I didn't even over pack the bag so it wasn't even heavy.

I'm going to return it as I needed these bags for a move and these give me low confidence that it'll hold during the trip
review image review image
on 15 February 2012
lovely big size plenty of space for duvets would buy again if needed more or recommend to friends and arrived quicker than was told which was great.
on 16 January 2013
Need bags for storage in caravan out of season and these were just right.Keeps all linens etc. dry and takes up so little room.
on 14 May 2014
The storage bags were not very strong and two of them split. Would not buy again. Was disappointed with my purchase