on 11 May 2013
I decided to go 50% raw after discovering my cholesterol was up. All the recipes we've tried so far have been delicious, they look like the pictures (never a given, I notice), & my husband, who is 78, is really enjoying it too. Amazingly, his false teeth can manage it, which has been a real problem for him recently with conventional salads. This is delicious food, quite different to the previous time I tried mostly raw food back in the early 80s, at which I lasted four days, as it was boring, weird & exhausting to chew. This food needs experiencing. It is also simple to prepare. I highly recommend it.
on 26 January 2014
I have recently become interested in the benefits of eating raw food, but love cooked food (including meat and fish) too much to commit to a raw vegan lifestyle 100%. I ordered this book to give me fresh ideas for ways to up my fruit and vegetable intake.
Many raw food advocates can be very evangelical about this lifestyle and can make ordinary folk such as myself feel inferior for not embracing their way of eating/living 100%. The thing that I really like about the writer of this book is that she explains all of the benefits of eating raw in a simple no nonsense way. But she also understands that not everyone wants to be 100% raw and includes items that bend the rules. Perfect for a rebel like me!

The book is laid out in a clear and concise fashion with great pictures. It also has lots of really good tips to help improve lifestyle in general. This is all put together in a way that you can tailor to your individual requirements. So if you just want straight up recipes, there are plenty of great ones to choose from, however if like me the concept of raw food is new to you, she provides great information to get you started without being preachy or ramming her opinion down your throat.

I'm very pleased with this book and will definitely check out her other books.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 18 January 2013
Eating raw as long been advocated as one of the healthiest lifestyles. I know that when I juice and eat lots of salads I feel much better. Judita certainly looks radiant and I have a friend who eats mainly raw and she is a radiant beauty too. She has started a raw cafe in Sheffield, PureRaw. Juice bars are popping up everywhere. There is more to eating raw than just juicing. This book has exciting chapters like 'Why Raw Rocks' and great photography. There is solid, nutritional advice given in this book including how to control your cravings. Enjoy delicious fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds. Judita includes recipes for drinks and smoothies, breakfasts, soups, salads, stacks, snacks, desserts and more. Over 100 easy to prepare recipes are included. All recipes are gluten free and there are many low-sugar options. There is no dehydrator needed for these recipes, which is a blessing. This book should have us all glowing with health - think of the saving on medical costs! Judita is also the author of Going Raw. This is an excellent book and highly recommended. This review first appeared on welovefinefoods website.
on 29 June 2014
I've posted this same review on the author's other raw book 'Going Raw' as we have both of these books and they are both equally exceptionally good books.

If you are looking into Raw food you really need this book - the chef is practical, although she is English and we can make her recipes as they are ok for this country - no we don't have baby coconuts in our back yard or orchard - well I don't anyway.

Lovely simple recipes that are doable, thank goodness as I don't want to be stood extracting the all curing extracts from a pomegranate pip on the stroke of midnight as it generates positive energy from some cosmic alignment . . . yes, some of the raw food books are weird, I'm glad to say this one and the other one 'Going Raw ' by the same author are just pleasingly good solid, easy to follow and straightforward recipe books that makes raw cooking a pleasure.

I had both the author's books in paper back, when I bought my ipad I sold the paper back book and downloaded the digital book - these books are really good for those new to raw food.
on 9 July 2013
I do not eat a fully raw diet because I have found so many times that the recipes call for powder this and powder that. But this is a great book for a raw but simple diet, which sounds like an awful lazy pun on the title of the book. The recipes are fresh and full of taste but are made from easily accessible food items and don't require specialist preparation equipment either. I think anyone interested in eating more raw food will find lots of inspiration in this book and a lot of ideas they can use on a day to day basis. Really pleased with this book.
on 13 September 2013
I have a keen interest in raw food and have a quite a number of books by different authors. Judita Wignall is my favourite. I have used lots of her recipes and they are clear and easy to follow and always taste delicious. I especially love her new book. As a self employed busy mother of four the recipes in this book take the hassle out of raw food. There is no dehydrating. It gives a time scale and tells you what needs to be done in advance ie nut soaking. You would have one of these dishes ready before you'd have another meal cooked. Can't say enough about it. Photos are fab. She looks beautiful and is a great advocate for going raw. Finally, I think it's great that she gives candida a mention in the book. I think candida is one of the most unrecognised health problems people face. Most other raw food writers give the impression that a raw food diet is a cure all. It's not. It can often be overladen with sugar (and salt) which contributes greatly to candida. I'm delighted that she talks about it I'm her new books and advises users to watch their sugar intake. Buy the book, you won't be sorry. Even if you never plan on going fully raw, you'll be introducing lots of new healthy dishes to your menu and that can only be a good thing. My kids and husband love the food too.
on 28 June 2013
I bought this along with Kate Magic's Raw Magic. This one provides accessible and easy recipes for both beginners and established raw foodies, requiring less of the more unusual ingredients that the raw magic book does (though I think Kate Magic's recipes are fantastic for those wanting to go that bit further). Recommended intro!
on 13 March 2014
From the reviews I truly hoped this book would introduce me to simple raw food and that there would be meal planners as it seems to suggest in one of the blurbs. But several days later, after considering the two breakfasts that are not either cereals or smoothies, I am still wondering where to get hold of young Thai coconuts and chia seeds! Having found these expensive ingredients online, I am looking at blogs to find substitutes, at least for the young Thai coconuts and find I should try soaked cashews, another expensive ingredient. Many of the recipes helpfully suggest pre-preparation. With several of these you then find there is some pre-prep to the pre-prep! This is just where I didn't want to go and this raw food book seems no simpler than the others I have seen. I am sure those who are used to this kind of prep will do fine with this book as the recipes sound nice. But I don't know how long it will be before I can finally make a start with all this and I had hoped I already would have shopped and started. I think, too, that all the smoothies are very American, as is the possibly greater availability of a lot of the ingredients. A very American book: be prepared to look up arugula and cilantro, and a few others! A lot of work and research to become simple, I fear.
on 5 June 2013
*Its got colourful pictures of what you've made. *It is easy to prepare, most things require blending or mixing altogther.* different sections like a smoothie section, salad section, 'main meal' section, things like that. Some of the ingredients aren't available in supermarkets and will need to be ordered on line, this is why I've taken off a star. i definitely would recommend it to beginners of this type of diet
on 23 July 2013
I have the first book Judita published and use it all the time, this has just joined the first one and is absolutely brilliant. With these two, I hardly use other cookbooks now - unless I want to actually 'cook'. Family and friends who do not usually eat 'raw' food love these recipes! Get this book if you are 'raw', 'vegetarian', 'vegan' or just love great food which is really easy to prepare.