Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 July 2011
Maybe I have a different copy to the other reader, but out of 234 recipes, only 21 seemed to need a dehydrator, and these dehydrator recipes were mainly in the bread, crackers, crusts and wraps section. I am lucky enough to have a dehydrator, but that said, as a 70 percenter, I tend to eat mainly wet raw foods for the added hydration, and I only dehydrate treats, kale chips, or crackers (which you could shop buy if you have no dehy). I found the book brilliant, packed full of light eating raw food. For those wishing to lose weight by using raw, i think this is one of the only printed raw food, calorie counted weight loss plan out there (cherie calorie counts suggested menus from the recipes).
Advice in the book is great, recipes are sound and tasty. For those who don't know it, Cherie is found of the Living Light Culinary Institute, so she knows her onions so to speak!
Good book...good book for life, one of those books i never want to be without. I bought a second copy.
on 17 January 2009
i bought this book after reading the positve reviews on amazon.com site. Thie book is geared for those who are thinking about going raw but do not know where to start. It states in the book "you can make many delicious raw recipes without a dehydrator". Unfortunately most of the recipes in this book require one. So, unless i invest in one i will not be able to try out the recipes. I am very disappointed as the recipes sound very tasty.
on 16 March 2013
A really informative book as the raw diet is new to me. I started changing my diet a couple of weeks ago and feel so much better I think I may have lost a little weight but not in the habit of getting on the scales.
on 13 September 2013
This is a very helpful book. An easy read and a good lay-out. It gives a good overview and covers many areas.