I always read this book whenever my relationship breakdown. It does remind you of the disadvantages of being in a couple.
I thought I'd list a few of from my own experience:
1) You have to meet their boring relatives. At one point I had to watch Xfiles 3 times because his parents liked it.
2)Men regularly make snide comments, say about your hobby and so you end up a) giving it up b) not doing it front of him. I gave run running, flying the world and stopped doing my embroidery in front of him as 'you're not listening to me are you?' often the phrase I got.
3)You give up going on courses because it means you are 'neglecting them'.
4)They frequently put your ideas down,this is quite draining.
5)They talk about work a lot, and if it is boring, you still have to listen.
6)You have to read their mind.
7) You don't have to hear about the receptionist who fancies them
8)You don't have to put up with boring, mechanical sex
9) You can have a headache, and don't have to put up with a sulking partner
10)You don't have to put up with their abusive and sudden eruptions, which of course, puts the blame on you
11) You don't have transport incompatability ie he likes going by car two miles to the shops, but you like the bike, walking or train.
`12) You don't have to put up with religious, political or sexual incompatability.
13) You don't have to put up with their favourite horror or sci films