Format: Paperback|Change

on 31 December 2004
I was thinking this book could explain something about Rastas lifestyle but it says nothing interesting,nothing really new...
Rastas believe in love...for Rastas race don't matter...Of course!
No informations at all.
I suggest to try a different book!
on 15 December 2008
appallingly ill informed "marijuana gives you visions" immature, irresponsible. Slanderous generalisations abound of both the culture and religion.
on 25 March 2011
A very inaccurate representation of Rasta.

1. Most Rasta's wont touch tobacco.
2. They believe in 1 god for all, Jah, is the creator of us, whatever it may be, an asteroid, a person, etc.
3. Rasta also believe in evolution & that the body is just transporting the soul.

I think this book explains Jamaican people, not Rasta's.

If you read this & think its true you are really wrong, get a Rasta to explain his religion to you and you'll see how different it is to this book.

This isn't how rasta are, its just a typical white mans interpritation of rasta
on 10 June 2010
If you want to know about Rastafari this is not the book for you. There is no information of use here...it really should never have been written. I read the book in about 5 minutes...waste of my money.
on 3 January 2006
I found this book very informative. It helps me to know and understand the slangs that the rastafarians uses in their conversations.
on 20 December 2011
This book was very very uninformed- I tried to use it to teach an A level class about rastafari and it was completely inadequate. Get a different book if you actually want to know things! Its also incredibly brief and filled with slang, not always explained. Avoid!
on 25 July 2007
I was very disappointed with this pamphlet, I don't think it could be called a proper book.

Very simplistic and no indepth discussion, don't waste your money.
on 16 February 2013
This book is quite thin but with small & detailed text, also is very informative about rastas. Overall I think this book is a good book for £4.99 because it is detailed & informative about Rastas.
on 12 October 2006
Unfortunately this book will not bring you a lot of in depth information about rastafari living.