A practical little walk guide to the North York Moors endorsed by the Ramblers. All the walks are 5 miles or under in length and can easily be completed in less that 3 hours. 20 walks are included and use clear Ordnance Survey maps to show the route plus easy to follow walk descriptions.
All the walks in this guide are located in the North York Moors national park in North Yorkshire, England. The moors are one of the largest expanses of heather moorland in the United Kingdom. To the east the national park is clearly defined by the impressive cliffs of the North Sea coast. The northern and western boundaries are defined by the steep scarp slopes edging the Tees lowlands and the Vale of Mowbray. To the south lies the Vale of Pickering.
This guide, produced in co-operation with the Ramblers and featuring Ordnance Survey mapping, is the perfect way to get out and enjoy the stunning scenery.
This compact little guide contains walks, all of which are 5 miles or under, which are ideal for an afternoon stroll.
• 20 easy to follow walks which can be completed in 3 hours and under.
• Each walk has a detailed Ordnance Survey map with the route clearly marked plus a detailed description of the route.
• The walks have been chosen with issues like parking and refreshments in mind to make life easy for families.
• There are interesting facts about the things you'll see along the route.
• All the books include general information on walking and also the general area covered by the guide.
• Packed with colour photographs of scenes you will see along the walk.