on 6 November 2007
This will be a very useful little book to anyone wanting to have a go at raku pottery, and a useful quick reference book thereafter. Having read a number of raku books now, I find this one not quite as good as the best (which is Raku: A Practical Approach by Steven Branfman) but it is better, and more practical than most of the rest. It could have been longer and more detailed, but what's there, is certainly a useful lead-in to the subject. A short, well illustrated review of some artists working in the field, is useful for inspiration, and the artists selected are different to those appearing in other raku books. I read a library copy, and one to keep will be on my wish list.
on 17 May 2009
One of the best raku / ceramics books i have read .Clear informative with excellent photos and descriptions of the the leading raku potters .a recomended purchase.
on 5 September 2013
For a Japanese potter, this book is educational.
I wish to recomend my colleagues here. Get
inspiration through the book.
Yuki