on 26 November 2012
Raise Your Game is a breath of fresh air the massively over-populated genre of self-help business books. Whether you are a someone who wants to be a successful entrepreneur, or someone who is working for an existing organisation - large or small - this book is something you should read...and then read again. Written in an easily digestible style, Raise Your Game could very well be the book that can help you realise your potential.
on 27 November 2012
Almost everyone at some time or other has got stuck in a rut. Life and business has gone from success and excitement to something that must be worked at. Or perhaps you have had success and are trying to hold onto it while your reputation fades around you. If you are at that point now, and are wanting to know that you are moving forward again to more success then this book is for you.

Suzanne will show you the way to back to enjoying more of life and getting your career / business going again. Raise your Game is written in plain English and packed full of tools and approaches that you can immediately use to re-ignite your "success rocket".
on 9 December 2012
I picked this book up at a friend's house and (with a brief pause to eat) read it until I'd finished, so I went and bought my own copy. Although I'd seen some of the ideas before, I found this a really easy, punchy read with useful stuff in every chapter. I loved the focus on positive ideas: this is not a book about analysing problems but instead about building new habits that bring real benefits. Although it is aimed at small business owners I think the advice in it is useful to anyone with an interest in how to make their life more satisfying, meaningful and happier. One of the best self help books I've read in years, and I've read a few! The advice in it has already made an impact on my life, and I know every time I re-read it I take more away.
on 5 June 2013
Suzanne is a business coach that I have had the pleasure to meet and know. I have just finished reading this her second book and highly recommend it. There are no magic tricks to achieving great results in life and business and I that's why I like this book, because it's a step by step approach with a realistic view. Suzanne has walked what she talks and worked with thousands of people to help them get the results they want, but in a realistic and practical way. This book says what it does on the tin and doesn't pretend to offer life changing promises when in reality we 'get there' by step by step, methodical ways. This book addresses many areas of your life and also how you view life and practically what you can do to change things. A very well written book with lots of information and wisdom, great tips and exercises. Go Buy!
on 3 February 2013
From the very first chapter I found this book very refreshing, sometimes it's easy to get bogged down with some of titles in this genre. The book is very well written and laid out with nugget size tip sections suggesting areas for further thought throughout the book.

Regular exercises are suggested relevant to the chapter you are reading which adds to the experience, although this book is aimed at the small business owner I feel anyone including the individual will effect an improved life experience by reading this book.

Very inspiring, it really made me think about my own life, how I make decisions and what the effects of those decisions could be.

I would recommend this book to anyone.
on 4 December 2012
This is a very interesting read - which combines research and understanding of "who we are" - our motivations, focus and emotional state with how we can best use this to develop in a positive, step-by-step and achievable way to "raise our game".

Within the chapters there are examples and background which demonstrates and makes the subject matter more relevant and some bullet-points which then gives you something to take away - to turn the theory into practise.

Written in a clear, factual and accessible style which made it a good read.
on 29 January 2013
Raise Your Game is a superb book! It's succinct, clear and easy to read - I found it difficult to put down. I loved the way the strategies referenced are related back to the author so that I can go and read further about a specific topic and find out where the science came from. I also like the short Tip and Mistake sections - very useful. Strongly suggest everyone who wants to build on their successes and achieve transformational results read this book - NOW.
on 14 December 2012
Suzanne has created a high value book to successfully raise your game. It's easily readable, for the beginner or established biz, and jam-packed with insights, tips and ways forward to achieve what it says on the tin! Highly recommended.
on 24 May 2013
For me this has been an empowering read.

I've read a few of this kind of book and also been on several different training courses like ILM, Business Management and also Studied an MSc in Information Systems Management.

In early 2011, when I was setting up my own business, I received some direct mentoring from an experienced business manager through Business link who helped me get some small successes under my belt.

In the past I have always preferred courses, training and meeting mentors face to face, over many of the dry, academic books I have read in this arena. This book is different to many in that it feels as good as a face to face discussion. The Authors style is so engaging that, as you complete a chapter you almost feel as if you have been sitting chatting over coffee! Its very easy and comfortable learning from her experience as if engaged in a conversation, rather than having been "lectured at" through the pages.

I love the little jokes, the diagrams which make the salient points easier to remember, and the insets with additional information or explanations. Its written so engagingly that I almost felt as if the author was writing it directly for me. I am already starting to find ways to "Raise My Game" thanks to this book, and I have a feeling my copy is going to get quite well thumbed, as I am going to be returning regularly, to re-iterate its lessons and take on board more and more of the advice.
on 5 December 2012
I have known Suzanne for over 10 years. Her words carry from life onto the page and I have no doubt that they will support you to Raise Your Game. Although Suzanne wrote this book for the self-employed business owner, her suggestions are equally valid if you're employed - as long as you want to succeed.