on 30 March 2009
Since there are no reviews yet..if you're pondering over whether to buy this, perhaps for an InterRail trip, then it's ideal.

It's a map. So there's not too much to say. But it's a nice size and the high speed lines highlighted in red enabled us to add Rome on (only 4 1/2 hours from there to Milan..!) Also like how the scenic routes are highlighted in green..great for traveling in the day. Very handy that the central an area of the map is enlarged on the back, makes for much easier referencing. The map just gives easy visualization of the journey ahead.

Will definitely be top on my packing list.
on 2 September 2009
Clearly one of the 3 things inter railers must take with them on their journey. It helped me in all my 22 days throughout eastern europe. All the connections were perfectly updated and correct.
The other 2 things to take are:
1 - Thomas Cook - European Rail Timetable
2 - Lonely Planet - Europe on a shoestring
on 3 September 2009
The map obviously spans a large area but is clearly laid out, with a larger scale provided on the reverse for the densely covered parts of west/central continental Europe. On the train you'll need a four-seat table to get the whole thing open, at least before folding back to your required section! It does fold nicely into a proper anorak (which your reviewer is) pocket.
on 3 January 2015
Map is great helper for planning travel trip and rail journeys in Europe
Its best what you can buy, therefore 5 stars, yet its far from ideal. I guess its discontinued by now.
Both sides are printed. One side covers whole Europe, however this one is not very detail - missing whole lines and smaller routes.
The other side covers middle Europe, this one is pretty detail including lots of small routes, seasonal steam trains for tourists.
For western and southern Europe you may need to download detailed map off the internes, especially Spain and Portugal.
Scenic routes are indicated in green colour and fast routes [eg tgv] in red colour. This is very helpful. I have scheduled my routes in Slovakia and Austria with help of this map.
on 16 May 2010
Does what it says on the front really. It's map of Europe with the railways drawn on...
It has ALL of Europe on one side, from Portugal to Russia (well, Moscow) and Sweden to Sicily. The reverse has Central Europe in a larger scale. Main lines, high speed lines, scenic routes all marked. What more can I say? We've torn it twice already, keep the sellotape handy (hence only 4 stars). Invaluable if you're planning a wide ranging trip and want to make the most of your time. Happy travelling!
on 8 June 2010
This is a must have for the independent traveller in Europe as it covers over 6000 cities and towns. Every passenger railway is featured from high speed routes to local tracks, with scenic routes featuring mountain, river or coastal landscapes highlighted. Ferry routes are also featured. This map allows the traveller to plan journeys in great detail, so that great or small distances can be 'mapped' out in advance. Highly recommended.
on 12 November 2010
We live in France and using the French rail system, apart from the Paris Metro, has been a bit of a closed book to us. However, with this clear map it is easily possible to see what track goes where and how the many connections take place.

Now for the best bit - booking the ticket - ah, c'est la vie ;-)
on 31 October 2010
Fed up with air travel we decided to buy 1st class rail passes, with this map that was excellent, we managed to choose the most picturesque routes, and made our way across to the east of Europe, no plans were made before leaving so the map was out on every trip,

Don't leave home without this map. Take a Hilite pen to mark your route

The only negative is it is printed on a card type of paper that splits at the folds.
on 3 September 2010
Clear and concise. Detailed and (I hope. Start my travels next week!) accurate. It even marks scenic routes which is great for sight-seers and people not in a hurry. Right now I couldn't ask for more from a map.
If I find myself at a non-existant station in the middle of Ukraine in November I'll revise this review!

The Man in Seat 61: A Guide to Taking the Train Through Europe
on 13 July 2010
You can easily find the faster connection or scenic routes from this brilliant map. Good to have when you are planning your trip, you can get much more sense into your routes when you see where you can go next from a certain point. Rather cheap aswell I would say.

Back at home, you can easily show your route to your family and friends. :)