River Heights is a buzz. It's the annual Biking for Bucks charity race. This is a big event in the city and Nancy and her friends are excited to be part of the two day event. But that's before someone lets Ned's car roll into a creek and lets the air out of their bike tires. But the worst is that the money pledged has been stolen. Now Nancy needs to track down the missing money before the rest of the town finds out that the money is missing.
Having really enjoyed the first book of these relaunches, I decided to give the second a try. Again, I enjoyed the characterizations. This time, I felt the plot was lacking more then the first book. Maybe it's because I'm older then the target audience, but I found the dual plots rather obvious. And the bike ride made little to no sense, especially the race aspect of things.
Over all, I think young kids will enjoy these books, but the lack of decent mysteries will make older kids pass on them for the originals.
on 16 January 2014
In my last review of this series I was disappointed with the stereotypes shown in the main characters, and the way the writing spoke down to the reader (I may be older than the intended audience, but I think even they would have been insulted at times). I am pleased to say that is this book these problems are still present but to a far lesser degree. I was pleased to see a more robust plot with clues that could be added together to get the answer, if a bit too early in the novel.

Overall a good easy read to recuperate to while not feeling great.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse