- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: DK (1 July 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1405373571
- ISBN-13: 978-1405373579
- Product Dimensions: 10.7 x 1.2 x 19.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 450,490 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
RSPB Pocket Nature Seashore Paperback – 1 Jul 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Guide books of this type are ten-a-penny, but this book stands out from others in being really jam-packed with beautifully detailed photos of the plants and animals (and the living things which are a bit of both) that you're likely to find around the coastline. I like the size and shape of this book, which will be ideal for popping into my bag when I go on holiday in 2 weeks!
The book is divided into chapters, each covering a category, so there's higher plants, lower plants, invertebrates, vertebrates, birds and strandline finds. Then each chapter is sub-divided to make identifying your subject easier, and similar types or species are loosely grouped together in a fairly logical fashion. Apart from the fantastic pictures (which show a lot of detail for a relatively small book), the information boxes next to each subject are clear, concise and have just the right amount of detail with a few interesting key facts to help to distinguish one species from another.
However, bear in mind that this book is only 224 pages long, and with such a broad subject to cover, it can only do so briefly, therefore this really is for people who want just a little, but just enough, information to appreciate and enjoy the nature around us.
I recommend this book to anyone of any age (interested children will be fascinated by the photos), because it will help you to understand and 'get closer' to the wonderful seashore we're privileged to be surrounded by in this little island of ours.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is an excellent book for reference purposes. A little large to carry around in the pocket but fine in a rucksack. Read morePublished on 9 Dec. 2013 by Ron Blanchard
This product is exactly what I needed for taking with me when walking with children who are still young enough to want to learn about their surroundings.Published on 18 Mar. 2013 by Maryliz
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Habitats
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Marine Life
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Hydrobiology
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > Physical
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Oceanography
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Wild Animals > Aquatic Creatures