- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: A & C Black Publishers Ltd; 2nd Revised edition edition (19 July 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1408174561
- ISBN-13: 978-1408174562
- Product Dimensions: 11.7 x 1.5 x 16.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (302 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,233 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
RSPB Pocket Guide to British Birds: Second Edition Paperback – 19 Jul 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
'Virtually every species gets a page to itself...The illustrations, by Dave Nurney, are truly excellent, lifelike and show all the key identification features. At under a fiver, this really is the best value bird book on the market.' --Countryfile (Autumn 2007)
'Well planned, well executed, and commendable cheap, this little book deserves to be a very popular beginners' guide to 174 of Britain's commonest bird species.' --IBIS (April 2008)
'Easily the best guide for the complete beginner...Brilliant' --The Observer (June 2008)
'Well planned, well executed, and commendable cheap, this little book deserves to be a very popular beginners' guide to 174 of Britain's commonest bird species.' IBIS (April 2008) --IBIS (April 2008)
'Easily the best guide for the complete beginner...Brilliant', The Observer (June 2008) --The Observer (June 2008)
About the Author
Simon Harrap is a professional naturalist and birder. He has led birdwatching holidays for almost 20 years and is a regular contributor to birding magazines and journals. He is the author of Tits, Nuthatches and Treecreepers (Helm), and co-author of Where to Watch Birds in Britain (Helm) and Orchids of Britain and Ireland (A&C Black). He has recently set up a company with his wife to run nature breaks in Norfolk, his home county.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Full of information on where to go and what time of year you are most likely to see different species. Easy to use format. Small enough to slip in a pocket or leave in the car. Great book for anybody who, like me, wanted to identify birds visiting my garden, and when I'm out and about. Reasonable price.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very easy to use as it's set out by type of bird, so even if you don't know what you've just seen, you can find it quickly because it is categorized.Published 10 days ago by Pete
Bought in time for bird watch for my granddaughter who is 6.Looks helpfulPublished 12 days ago by Amazon Customer
Excellent service, book arrived within two days, very happy to use again and recommend to friendsPublished 18 days ago by Michael G. Taylor
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Birds
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Reference
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Fishing, Birdwatching & Other Outdoor Pursuits > Birdwatching