Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Jun 2008 13:34:59 BDT
Last edited by the author on 9 Jun 2008 19:18:12 BDT
Pete V says:
Don't these things cause, rather than help, repetative strain injury?

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jun 2008 00:13:50 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Jun 2008 00:48:55 BDT
Jules(Paris) says:
Pete V

No idea would love the answer as i have big problems with my right/hand/arm/shoulder/neck and minor ones with left. Many years back(in Uk) was believed i had RSI in right wrist/arm...but turn out not to be.Was something else.

Due to illness+ accidents have to use wheelchair, outside, Crutches to get up to my 2nd floor apartment..and would love to get this if could help strength my ARMs as it would give me more independence when using wheel chair (currently have to be pushed-unless in shops where i can do a few metres,rest etc.). ARE there any Drs out there?
I have been a having different types of physio/osteopath etc for over 2years now, with no real improvement in strength, they mainly concentrate on worst-Neck & legs.

If it does'nt give RSI, than can not see it making things worse!!!...lol ;0)
So any off record any Med peeps wiling to give an opinion? PLease
Cheers Jules

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jun 2008 12:38:55 BDT
Pete V says:
Jules,
I got my Powerball today (13/6/08) see my review. I think you will find it very helpful. I can honestly say, having spent time in wheelchairs myself, that you will benefit from using one of these, as it does definitely get your muscels going, and you do need your arm muscles for self-propelling your chair. Hope this helped?
Pete

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jan 2009 19:09:48 GMT
Last edited by the author on 21 Jan 2009 19:11:02 GMT
LB says:
I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think that the powerball would cause RSI. It does say in the product description that it can help with repetative strain injury and they are frequently suggested for help with CTS and RSI. It also takes a lot of activity for RSI to take place, and if anything, the likes of handgrips are more likely to cause it.

Posted on 26 Feb 2009 14:01:36 GMT
Stuzilla says:
I first started using a powerball about 8 years ago. I work in IT and had RSI from mouse use. I found that regular use does help with RSI, and overtime removes the pain. I've just recommended getting one to one of the people I am currently working with. I use it less and less these days as I'm now doing more regular exercise, but I still enjoy using it as ity is very simple to fit in half an hour whilst watching a tv program.

Posted on 26 Feb 2009 16:27:55 GMT
Stuzilla says:
I first started using a powerball about 8 years ago. I work in IT and had RSI from mouse use. I found that regular use does help with RSI, and overtime removes the pain. I've just recommended getting one to one of the people I am currently working with. I use it less and less these days as I'm now doing more regular exercise, but I still enjoy using it as ity is very simple to fit in half an hour whilst watching a tv program.

Posted on 26 Nov 2009 18:09:15 GMT
Last edited by the author on 26 Nov 2009 18:10:58 GMT
"Bluedusk" says:
Two things: with a genuine NSD model, there's no vibrations at all up to 15,000 rpm, therefore no shocks in your articulations. Then you can't "lift" a weight above your capacities: when you accelerate the gyro, you're just turning your own muscular energy into kinetic energy into centrifugal force. So whatever your maximum, it represents your actual strength, nothing beyond your capacities. Improving your score at either speed or duration of sustained effort only means you're improving your general health and physical strength.
I suffer from severe spine problems and various articulatory inflamations, and the Powerball never aggravated my pain. In fact, when I'm suffering from my hand, wrist or forearm, practising at low speed actually provides relief.

Posted on 19 Feb 2011 15:23:13 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 29 Nov 2011 19:36:45 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Apr 2011 17:51:05 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 5 Apr 2011 17:51:43 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2012 19:03:07 BDT
C. Walker says:
I was perfectly fine until I used one of these over two years ago.
Since then I've had RSI. It was quite literally the next day.

It's dangerous, don't bother.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  9 Jun 2008
Latest post:  29 Apr 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Powerball Neon White Pro Signature
Powerball Neon White Pro Signature by Powerball
4.2 out of 5 stars   (328)