Customer Discussions > Death Magnetic forum

ROB TRUJILLO

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Sep 2008 14:14:19 BDT
Adam Jackson says:
I was wondering how well people thought Rob Trujillo turned out on Death Magnetic?? Playing style? Presence in the mix etc?

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Sep 2008 08:46:53 BDT
He's always a been a great bass player, and I think he fits in perfectly with the Metallica sound - particularly on Cyanide and My Apocalypse. Like the band point out in Some Kind Of Monster, as good a bass player as Newsted is it always annoyed me that he played with a pic, and like Cliff Burton, Trujillo plays with his fingers, which compliments the Metallica sound. But I'm a drummer so what do I know...

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Sep 2008 09:55:51 BDT
Sera69 says:
Metallica have been pretty anti bass players since Cliff died. Jason was awesome and even Bob Rock can play a bit, tho wasn't really required to during the Some Kind of Monster/St. Anger debacle.

Rob has a proven track record and the fact that he has co-writing credits on all tracks off Death Magnetic shows he's a genuine part of the band. He''s lost a bit of the funk but you wouldn't expect slap bass all over a Metallica album (!) and I think he's pretty tight with Lars' staccato riffs. True the album mix is pretty abysmal but the Guitar Hero III version is immense. The overall sound even on the quieter moments is distinctly heavy so i think the other three have warmed to having a quality bassist to play off against.

Hopefully Metallica will be fired up enough to produce another album of original material within 12 months rather than waiting another 5 years.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Oct 2008 19:46:43 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Oct 2008 17:56:37 BDT
Adam Jackson says:
Some FANTASTIC Trujillo bass solos on Google - usually pre 'Bell tolls.
And sounds GREAT on the 02 Arena gig! The bass is really high in the mix.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Death Magnetic forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  28 Sep 2008
Latest post:  1 Oct 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Death Magnetic
Death Magnetic by Metallica (Audio CD - 2008)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (289)