on 14 July 2014
Although the delivery details are quite clear, don't order these if you're in a hurry. They took almost a month to arrive, and so far only 4 connections out of 30 have worked, which is a pretty poor return. I know all of the runs worked before, as I had crimped them previously and tested them all. I was replacing the ends so I could colour code my cables with stress relieving boots, and despite multiple attempts I can't get these to work.

I'd like to say you can't complain at this price, but the long delivery time, and number of failed connectors mean I can't recommend this product at all.
on 17 March 2014
Although when fitted works well, fitting is less than easy 😳. Other plugs I have used were in two sections 1) a cable spacer 2) the main body / connections. The spacer allowing the cores to be arranged, trimmed and then fed into main body.
These plugs do not have a spacer and is a 'devil of a job' to get cores into plug before crimping. Hence the 3* , once fitted I have had no problems, not for novices.
on 5 September 2012
These plugs work brilliantly, and they are great value for anybody who prefers to make their own Ethernet cables or replace broken RJ45 plugs.

I use these with the crimping toolset available here: RJ45 CRIMPER TOOLS.

It is also wise to use Ethernet Network Cable kink protection hoods - Pack of 10 pieces to avoid the retaining clip breaking off.

Just remember to put the hoods on your cable before crimping... (Guilty as charged on a couple of occasions.)

I use relatively inexpensive Cat5E cables and always get gigabit speeds on my home network. Cat6 cables tend to be thicker and more expensive, although your mileage may vary.
on 27 March 2013
I only needed a few connectors, but looking at the reviews on Amazon and considering the low price, I thought I'd give them a go. It doesn't hurt to have some spares in the toolbox!

They seem well made. After stripping the outer cable off the cat5e wire, the 8 micro wires slot really nicely and easily into the grooves of the connector. After being crimped, all the wires are held securely.

You can't argue with value for money at less than 5p per connector!

So far, I have had no problems with these connectors.

Being picky, the only small issue I have found with these connectors is that whilst being crimped, the "release tab" seems to close in slightly to the body of the connector meaning that the connector doesn't "click" into the socket. However, I use a cheap crimp tool, (not the more expensive ratchet type) and I suspect that it may be the crimper causing the issue and not the connectors. Either way, after being crimped I use my fingers to put a small amount of pressure onto the tab to bring it back out to where it should be. I haven't snapped any of the tabs doing this and the connectors then fit with a nice "click" securely into the LAN port.

Buy these with confidence. You won't be disappointed.
on 13 November 2013
I do despise making network cables but it's nice to know that we can get them at a reasonable price like this, they have lasted quite some time now and are amazing value and top rate quality would recommend again.
on 31 March 2016
These are fairly standard network connectors for Cat5 or Cat5E cables (I'm not sure there is any difference in the connectors. You line up the cable with the wires in the right order and using a crimping tool push the pins down to grip it.

Compared to other RJ45 ends these seem a little more generous in terms of getting the cables in easily, but it may be because I was using Cat5E rather than Cat5. I also found that one pin didn't go down initially when crimped but that may be because my crimping tool is old. Once crimped, the cable is held in place nicely and overall I have no complaints with this product.
on 28 April 2013
I've tried other crimps from other on-line market places and been disappointed with the quality of the plating, not so with these.
The plastic is a little less transparent than some brands but crystal clear plastic and cheap price normally indicates brittle, I'd much prefer to see a little mist in the plastic than a broken clip on the floor. Haven't really worked these connectors hard but as the main problem I've seen before is with electrical connectivity they are off to a good start with clean crimps.
on 8 January 2015
The contacts of the connectors are too thin and this causes me trouble crimping them with most of the tools. I have thrown them away.
on 19 November 2014
The most awful RJ45 I have ever seen. Looks OK, but 8 cables do not fit into it. It's the first time I have such a problem.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 2 June 2014
These seem to work just fine. Not spent a lot of time plugging them in and out but so far they have been great.