on 8 December 2009
I bought this book for my 7 year old son and he loves it. It is a well written and well presented book with simple instructions on how create wildlife habitats and hibernation sites. Most materials used are things we all have around the house....so no great expense required. An inspirational and informative book.
on 24 May 2010
This is a beautiful book, with very simple instructions for making a wildlife garden. I am using it at school with the children to create a wildlife area on our allotment. The illustrations and photos are first class.
on 3 May 2009
i have two young toddlers and I just couldn't wait to get started on lots of the wildlife projects and things to make in this book. I just keep picking it up and finding something else to get them involved in. The projects are all so easy and most of the stuff you need you have at home anyway. Its a great book to get children interested in wildlfe and to encourage them outside.
on 21 January 2011
Bought this book as a Christmas present (to myself really!). I can't wait to make some of the things with my 3 year old daughter. There are some beautiful photos, interesting facts and a range of simple to more tricky activities to make. Not only will my children learn a lot from it, but so will I! Highly recommend buying this book if you love wildlife, gardening and making things.
on 11 April 2013
This excellent book is ideal for teaching children about wildlife in the garden and techniques of how to encourage the wildlife to visit your garden. Some of the projects are easy to follow and the children enjoy taking part in the activities that the book offers with easy to follow instructions. The local primary school early years are using these projects for their wildlife garden.
on 23 June 2013
We've been creating a wildlife garden this year and this book has been helpful in getting the kids (5 and 3) interested and involved in the process. The pictures and explanations are good and there are lots of inexpensive projects to try, mostly using recycled materials. We went through it together and I let the kids choose which of the various things they were interested in and would like to try (e.g. making a toad house or a bee hotel). The book lends itself very well to this.

It's definitely been worth the money.
on 28 April 2010
This book is just brilliant. I spent such a long time looking for a book like this for garden activities to do with my boys. Filled with loads of practical ideas that won't break the bank.... now just need to get the suncream on and get outside!!! Would recomend this book.
on 8 September 2014
A great range of practical, easy to complete projects using readily available items around the home. Well explained and attractive illustration that inspired my three children and myself into action. A great buy!
on 23 July 2014
Fascinating book with so many ideas for children. I would definitely recommend this book for anyone interested in this subject. Well laid out and easy to read and understand. Ideas are very inspiring.
on 23 May 2015
Fantastic book which formed the basis for our science week at school, really helped to raise awareness amongst staff and children. The practical activities and projects went very well.