Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 October 2009
My sister had told me about this book, she referred to it as her 'gardening bible'. I cannot by any means class myself as an expert gardener, I am a novice infact but decided to grow vegetables , more flowers and shrubs. I could not have done it all without the help of this book, it is really brilliant. It gives all the months of the year on what is needed to be done at that time. If like me you need some help, I urge you to buy this book, it is not a great big one taking up a lot of space, but it is MASSIVE on giving all the information that you may need. I really rate this book.
on 16 July 2009
This small book is packed full of information which is simple to understand and covers everything, as the title suggests, month by month. It is full of tips of what to do, when & how to do. Brilliant for me as I am not a natural gardener & it just gets straight to the point.
on 9 October 2010
This book is a little gem. It has most of what I wanted - when to plant, prune, spray etc... Could have done with clearer illustrations, but that would be difficult without sacrificing something. All round excellent, especially at this price. :) RHS Gardening Month by Month
on 1 August 2010
A nice little book which gives advice on what to do in the garden each month.
Tells you what to plant in readiness for later months i.e. for example when to plant the Winter flowering builbs.
on 27 June 2011
I bought this book as I was looking for something reasonably basic and easy to read. I'm a novice gardener so trying to figure out what to do when can be difficult but this book is just what I needed!
It is small in size and split into monthly sections, there is also an Index at the back so if you're looking for info on a certain plant/vegetable you can find it easily.
Definately a good buy and would even serve more experience gardeners as a reminder.
on 4 April 2011
What a great book and for keen gardeners I would say a must - there are a lot of things that need doing I didn't know about and I am sure this will help the garden a big deal. It as it says has month by month jobs and it is very detailed and very clear with lovely images to guide you through. Warnings of pests, weather and how to reduce disease. What to plant and when, pruning and lots more

A great buy!!!

The book arrived in excellent time and in top quality condition - great price too
on 12 February 2015
When it comes to gardening, I have no idea what I'm doing but that hasn't put me off! I purchased this little book to get some ideas and tips on what and when to grow things. It really is an excellent little book, jam packed full of things to do each month, making gardening easy. Would make a great gift
on 4 October 2014
Tiny little book when it arrives, but full of everything you could possibly need to know in a month by month diary. It has the very basics like when to prune trees (and how to!) / when to plant hyacinths etc but also how to keep your lawn in tip-top condition and how to build a compost bin. It's definitely aimed at me, someone who knows what a tree is and that's about it!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 September 2009
Being a reluctant gardener, only mowing the lawn when the neighbours complained, this has become a useful addition to my bookshelf. As I now know when to do things in the garden, I can do more things in the autumn & winter and the garden looks nice again for sitting out in Summer.

If you are a beginner, I would also recommend Alan Titchmarsh's How to be a Gardener (buy seperately 'used & new') and Tommy Walsh Outdoor DIY.
on 9 October 2015
Only given this a four star as I haven't had time to read it yet.
It is a small book in size but I like it as it doesn't take up too much room.
As I'm just getting my green fingers it will give me a head start in the world of gardening.
Failing that I'll look over the fence and ask Green Claws next door as she is a font of knowledge.
Great little book, giving you ideas and knowledge for what, where and when!