on 2 January 2012
these movies are fantastic. The fight scenes are epic. The acting is superb, all true to the real nature of the Chinese. The characters are all unique and special, each making a difference in this large plot line.

there are three dvds that are kept in a two fold case, with artwork of the eight main character. One dvd contains Red Cliff, photo gallery and the soundtrack, another has Red Cliff II and another photo gallery and the last one has another photo gallery and an interveiw with John Woo. There are then kept in a study, sleeve box with a shiny, rainbow colour. Very nice to look at.

The one I bought was from Thailand, so I couldn't understand the blurb, but that didn't matter. I can choose to have the audio either 'Chinese DTS', 'Chinese Dolby Digital 5.1' or 'Thai Dolby Digital 5.1' From the subtitles I can have either Thai or English. I would defiantly suggest have the FULL version, which is about five hours. Don't get the edited version, your missing out on a lot.

Even though I had to read Englsih subtitles, I still really enjoyed it. There were a couple moments when the subtitles didn't appear, but I think that is more likely to do with my dvd player.

This is a must see movie!