- Not sure whether this is the right car seat for your little one? Check out our Car Seat Buying Guide.
RECARO Young Sport (Shadow)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- RECARO Young Sport SHADOW
There is a newer version of this item:
Baby Wish List
New baby on the way? Let us take the confusion out of what to buy with prepared lists and editor's picks. Click here to find out more.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
RECARO Young Sport Group 1/2/3
The RECARO Young Sport Group 1/2/3 is a long life seat that grows with your child from 9 months to 12 years old. The seat is technologically advanced, with ergonomic ribbed foam developed for the car industry, which provides total comfort and ensures air circulation. It includes a height-adjustable harness with an energy absorber, a central harness adjuster, patented tensioners, and a practical carrying handle. The easy installation guide shows how you simply put the seat into the car with the vehicle's own three-point seatbelt.
The benefits for you
The Young Sport acts as one seat for children from the age of around 9 months to 12 years (9–36 kg), which means that the seat can be used for a particularly long time. Young Sport is a carefully designed system and includes an integral five-point harness, three-way adjustable headrest for ECE Group 1 (9–18 kg), three-point car safety belt, and two-way adjustable headrest for ECE Groups 2 and 3 (15–36 kg). The set is easy to install in the car, and the car safety belt can even be tightened with the buckle fastened. As a result of the ergonomically ribbed foam, the seat is extremely comfortable with good air circulation.
Who are RECARO?
The RECARO brand stands for seating expertise, which covers more than just the seat but also the person using it and where it is used. RECARO's main aim is to provide products that always exceed expectations in terms of design, user friendliness, comfort, and safety. The results are child seats that give you and your child a very special feeling of wellbeing on journeys both long and short. All RECARO child seats have advanced side impact protection for the full age range of the seat, providing protection to the head, side, and hips in the event of a side impact. The padded side wings and headrest not only protect but give your child additional comfort during rest or sleep.
Features of the RECARO Young Sport Group 1/2/3
- The Young Sport grows with your child and has advanced side impact protection (ASP) in the head, side, and hip areas for the full life of the seat; this means your child is protected from side impact by side head and torso wings. The high-sided seat base with arms also protects the hip area, and in the event of an impact the five-point harness protects the child from excess movement and allows the forces to be spread.
- The easy installation guides show you how to fit the seat with the vehicle seatbelt for both Group 1 and 2/3 stages.
- Easily secured to the car, the seatbelt is tightened through the belt clamp of the car seat.
- At Group 1 stage (9–18 kg), the Young Sport has an insert cushion for a smaller, younger child, which is easily removed as the child grows. The integrated five-point harness and headrest can be adjusted three times using the easy harness adjuster on the rear of the seat.
- At Group 2/3 stage (15–36 kg) the Young Sport integrated harness is removed and the seat – along with your child – are secured into the car with the vehicle seatbelt. The headrest can be adjusted a further two times for the growing child.
- The practical carry handle on top of the seat has been designed for easy transportation.
- High-quality, deeply padded, fully breathable seat covers provide luxurious comfort and are machine-washable at 30°C.
- Available in eight fashionable colour choices.
1 x Young Sport car seat
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Yes , there are cheaper seats to buy and probably just as practical , but this little beauty hasn't put a foot wrong so far and like the adult Recaro seats in my car , this wraps around and snuggly holds your child in position.
The seat will also adapt to your child's growth , as the padding can either slide upwards or be completely removed as they grow , so this will last you for a very long time... and for the materialistic people amongst us (lets face it , why else would you buy this model) the Recaro logo can clearly be seen through the side window for all to see... Hey, its not just me.
I have read in one review about the clips being a bit "too fiddly" and said it was probably down to him being left handed... I can assure you , i'm right handed and they're STILL fiddly , but then , so are most clips on these types of things.
I've done a few long journeys with this and my son sits quite happily and comfortably for the whole journey and really can't find any fault with this product apart from the price , as this is twice the price as most other car seats , but if you want the best , then you have to pay for it I'm afraid , but well worth the money in my view.
It is so much better quality than our old Cosatto one. The seat is much more comfy to sit in for our Son. The head guards are great as if he falls asleep he can rest his head against them.
The shoulder straps are great as they don't tangle up when you get your child out.
Another great feature for a younger child is the ability to recline the seat so they can sleep more comfortably. If they are comfy it's a more pleasent drive for you.
Really great and very safe child seat. Highly recommended!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We have had and still have one of these for our last child. Great seat and grows with the child very well. Read morePublished 6 months ago by michael sealey
Easy to install and use. Is slimmer than expected which is good if you have a small car.Published 6 months ago by R Lee
It's a good chair, although putting the baby in and taking him out is a bit of a hassle.Published 10 months ago by Sorin R Marian
Bought this for my grandkids and I am very impressed with it. Kids love it too.Published 12 months ago by Yvonne
Really pleased with the purchase...good quality...the strings are little tight but apart from that, it's good value for money..Published 12 months ago by Panga C.