Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Jul 2007 16:38:47 BDT
P. Bowman says:
For the first two seasons, the R1 edition seems to have been a better choice in terms of content and extras. Any indication of any differences yet for this season? At least they're not splitting them in half as they did with 2.0/2.5.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Aug 2007 17:11:24 BDT
i agree didn't get to see 2.5 in Uk as cannot get it over here. It felt like another money making ploy in my view. Loved both series although 2 was a little confusing because of the missing 2.5. Looking forward to season 3 won't be doing anything till it is all watched then waiting miserably until the next one lol what am i going to do all my favourite things are finishing whhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh lol

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Aug 2007 14:13:55 BDT
K. Preston says:
2.5 isn't missing in the UK it's just the second half of season 2. The reason they separated them in the US is that the season aired in two sets of 10 episode blocks dues to filming.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Aug 2007 20:28:13 BDT
J. Povey says:
On the extras side region 2 sucks, all we're getting is the recap "The Story So Far", no commenbtaries, no deleted scenes, no video blog nothing. If only I has a multi-region DVD player so I could actually get the region 1 set (which will probably be cheaper aswell!!)

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Aug 2007 10:31:38 BDT
Can someone please clarify for me whether the 10 "web episodes" are included either in the R1 or R2 box sets? I cant seem to get this basic detail from the product descriptions of either R 1 or R2.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2008 18:54:10 GMT
I. Sidhu says:
The R1 of BSG Season 3 UK doesn't have the Webisodes of Resistance, unfortunately, it ony has 'The Story so Far' a 40 Minute clip show of the first two seasons, godsdammit! The US get everything, we get crap bonus features. And they have a better cover.
Our UK Season 1 cover beats theirs (US) but Season 2 is the same so :P.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jan 2008 18:39:37 GMT
Barry James says:
It has been announced that the R1 version includes a director's cut (extended version) of the episode 'Unfinished Business' i.e. with over 20 mins extra footage . It also includes a lot more not on the R2 version. It won't be available until March but any fans who haven't yet purchased Season 3 may well wish to hold off until the R1 version is available

anyone interested can check out the Battlestar Wiki for further info on en.battlestarwiki.org

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jan 2008 19:27:55 GMT
Region 1 Definitely!!! It's $40 (20) and the extras are:

Disc One
DELETED SCENES from episodes Occupation, Precipice, Exodus
Ronald Moore's Podcast Commentaries

Disc Two
DELETED SCENES from episodes Collaborators, Torn and A Measure of Salvation
Battlestar Galactica- The Resistance Webisodes
David Eick's Video Blogs for episodes Testimonials, Who Dies, Prosthetics, Lucy and David and Introducing Bulldog
Ronald Moore's Podcast Commentaries for episodes Collaborators, Torn and A Measure of Salvation

Disc Three
DELETED SCENES from episode Hero
Hero Commentary with Executive Producer David Eick
David Eick's Video Blogs for episodes Characters, Adama on Adama and On the Road
Episode 6 Read Through
Steve McNutt Gets a Video Blog
The Soldier's Code: Leave No Man Behind
Ronald Moore's Podcast Commentary for episode Hero
Unfinished Business with Grace Park and Tahmoh Penikett

Disc Four
DELETED SCENES from episodes The Passage, The Eye of Jupiter, Rapture and Taking a Break from All Your Worries
Ronald Moore's Podcast Commentaries for The Passage, The Eye of Jupiter, Rapture and Taking a Break from all Your Worries

Disc Five
DELETED SCENES from episodes The Woman King, A Day in the Life, Dirty Hands and Maelstrom
Ronald Moore's Podcast Commentaries for The Woman King, A Day in the Life, Dirty Hands and Maelstrom

Disc Six
DELETED SCENES from episodes The Son Also Rises and Crossroads Parts 1 and 2
Ronald Moore's Podcast Commentaries - The Son Also Rises (with actor Mark Shappard and writer Michael Angeli) and Crossroads Parts 1 and 2
David Eick's Video Blog for episode Takin' A Break From All Your Worries On the Road: Part 2, Some Guy Named Colin, Building a Better Show, Katee's Scrapbook

I'm also annoyed the UK's version of Razor did not have the cast interviews.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Sep 2008 21:39:44 BDT
Er...just to clarify, R1 is North America and R2 is Europe. There is no 'R1 BSG Season 3 UK'! Pedantry over, I bought the R1 version of Season 3 and it is a good package. The R2 version is plain vanilla for considerably more .
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0x10472fd8)

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  5 Jul 2007
Latest post:  24 Sep 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Battlestar Galactica: Season 3 [2006] [DVD] [2004]
Battlestar Galactica: Season 3 [2006] [DVD] [2004] by Edward James Olmos (DVD - 2007)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (137)