- Wine vintage is subject to change, though Amazon.co.uk endeavours to keep its vintage information as up to date as possible.
- Tell Us What You Think About This Wine Tried this wine and want to share your opinions on it? Why not post a review below to help other customers make an informed buying choice. Find out more about posting a customer review.
- Visit the Wine Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have purchased and rated our most popular wines.
Quinta da Romaneira 10 Year Old Tawny Port Non Vintage Wine 75 cl
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- The 10 year old has acquired the classic nutty, dried fruit, spicy characteristic of classic wood aged tawny Port while still retaining a freshness on the finish
- Balanced and elegant
- The vineyards are planted mainly with noble Douro varieties and all 80 hectares of red grapes are planted on "A" grade Douro Schist terraces
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Unless expressly indicated otherwise, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on this site. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Quinta da Romaneira 10 Year Old Tawny Port wine is a blend of wines with an average age of 10 years in cask, the 10 year old has acquired the classic nutty, dried fruit, spicy characteristic of classic wood aged tawny Port while still retaining a freshness on the finish. Balanced and elegant, it should be drunk slightly chilled.
There are 85 hectares of vineyard which have been replanted with the principal aim of producing dry wines and a small range of ports. The vineyards are planted mainly with noble Douro varieties and all 80 hectares of red grapes are planted on "A" grade Douro Schist terraces. Yields are typically very low, ranging from 20-25 hectolitres per hectare. The 10 year old Tawny is a blend of wines with an average age of ten years.
Grapes were trodden by foot and fermented in stainless steel lagares, with temperature control at 28 degree C. The wine was aged at the estate in large wooden barrels of at least 640 litres in size. The old Tawnies spend their entire life in barrel until the moment of the final blend and are bottled on demand.
It comes with the vintage information as follows: Grape varieties: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz, Tinto Cão; Region: Cima Corgo, Douro; Winemaker: António Agrellos; Closure: Natural Cork; Alcohol (ABV): 19.5%; Acidity: 4.6g/l; Residual Sugar: 97.8g/l; Wine pH: 3.48.