Creativity has no bounds when you know how to combine traditional quilting with modern technology. Whether you are just beginning with computers or a practiced old hand, The Quilter's Computer Companion will show you how to use your computer to design amazing quilts with ease, accuracy, and speed. Never before published techniques show you how to:
- Use popular quilting and drawing software like Electric quilt, Quilt-Pro, CorelDraw, Canvas, SuperPaint, and others.
- Employ special drawing tools (like slanting, stretching, mirror-imaging, and more) to transform ordinary blocks into extraordinary designs.
- Experiment with different fabric combinations without sewing a stitch by using scans of actual fabric to fill quilt designs.
- Incorporate photos, drawings, and other artwork into your designs to create stunning appliqu patterns.
- Create stencils and negatives for fabric painting or sun and blueprinting-with a computer printer!
- Calculate yardage, print templates, and paper piece patterns in minutes.
- Formulate custom grids for fashioning unique designs.
- Make perfect Bezier curves and use arcs to create hearts and tulips, roses and stars, and other free-flowing designs.
A 16-page, full-color quilt gallery showcases spectacular computer-designed quilts, and the "Quilter's Internet Yellow Pages" reveals where on the Internet to download free patterns, read free publications, get advice, view online quilt galleries, and more.
This is the book you've been waiting for. With The Quilter's Computer Companion in hand, your quilting will explode into the realm of the truly spectacular with a few clicks of the mouse!