Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Dragon Ball Z Season 1 [DVD] forum

Question for DBZ viewers.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 8 Jul 2012 07:31:41 BDT
alex says:
How bad or good is the filler in this series? Generally I hate filler - thanks to Naruto, One piece and Bleach filler torture - but I know that filler in this series fills up a bulk of it. I saw DBZ kai box 1 recently and loved it, and would have gotten more if not for the extortionate prices there going for now. So, does the filler ruin the series or enhance it? I know DBZ has some hardcore fans but I'd like an unbiased view. I know that the series and manga is excellent, but I don't want to buy boxsets that contain more filler than Canon. Thanks in advance.

Posted on 15 Jul 2012 00:32:17 BDT
For the Saiyan arc the fillers usually added new training scenes and episodes that did expand on the plot somewhat, so each episode individually does not particularly drag out; however, it is a little frustrating to sit through around 20 episodes of nothing but training. This becomes less of a problem if you marathon the episodes!
For the Namek arc onwards, however, original scenes were almost entirely absent so not only does the story take twice as many episodes as it should, each episode and scene individually seems to take forever to get anywhere as well.
If you hate filler, then you'll want to either stick with Kai or have the fast forward button at hand!

Posted on 20 Aug 2012 09:13:14 BDT
alex says:
Thanks for your help. I would get kai, but some of the boxsets are actually more expensive than what Manga entertainment are offering; 13 episodes in kai for about 25 - 30 euros, as opposed to 38 episodes for 30 euros. Anyway, I'll give these a try, so thanks for your help.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Nov 2012 15:46:33 GMT
P. Stark says:
alex -

The only frustrating part of DBZ is the Namek/Ginyu/Frieza section where 5 minutes takes 20 episodes. In the others the humour and quirks of "lesser" secondary characters and sub-plots adds to its charm. Also Dragon Ball Z is multi-generational. Sort of supposed to be Gohan's story rather than Goku's. In the Buu sections (Goku, Gohan, Goten) and into GT (adult Gohan, shrunk child Goku & Pan) it's all about the family.

The Frieza arc is best watched on youtube as TeamFourStar's Dragon Ball Z Abridged Season 2.

Where are you based?

Dragon Ball Z "Orange Brick" imported Funimation season sets on NTSC DVD (region 1, 2 & 4 coded) are remarkably cheap here at amazon.co.uk also Kai is cheaper to import seasons 1 (01-26) and 2 (27-52) from amazon.com (work out postage costs yourself please) but Part 5 to Part 8 are currently pretty cheap to complete the DBZ Kai Blu-Ray Disc collection. These are all region A & B coded.

Dragon Ball Z Kai - Season One [Blu-ray] [2012] [US Import]

Dragon Ball Z Kai - Season Two [Blu-ray] [2012] [US Import]

Dragon Ball Z Kai: Part Five [Blu-ray] [US Import]

DragonBall Z: Season Four [REGION 1][NTSC] [DVD]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  8 Jul 2012
Latest post:  17 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dragon Ball Z Season 1 [DVD]
Dragon Ball Z Season 1 [DVD] by Daisuke Nishio (DVD - 2012)
4.7 out of 5 stars (103)