Customer Discussions > Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD) forum

Question Regarding Delivery Date

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 293 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Apr 2012 09:45:04 BDT
J. Ferry says:
I was just wondering if anyone is aware when amazon will be dispatching diablo 3? If I Pre-order I would hope to receive it on 14th May in order to play at 00:00 when EU servers go live.

I know that amazon did this with the Cataclysm expansion, as I received that 2 days before release however I am unaware if they will be for Diablo 3.

Does anybody know the situation?

Posted on 24 Apr 2012 21:27:10 BDT
fjab says:
I would like to know as well, please. It's a bit ridiculous but for the first time I would actually like to start playing at midnight for this one. Information, anyone? In the orders summary it states the 15th as delivery date.

Posted on 25 Apr 2012 19:06:34 BDT
BTW, EU servers go live May 15 at 00:00 PDT, so it's 09:00 for us Europeans :)

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2012 19:16:47 BDT
fjab says:
Nope: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4278737/Diablo_III_Launch_Events_Across_Europe-25_04_2012#blog

We will be playing 9 hours before US players. Has been confirmed.

Posted on 25 Apr 2012 22:21:25 BDT
Dom says:
I've paid for First Class delivery to make sure I get the game in time, but I'm hoping 'in time' means the 14th at the latest.

Though my order details says the delivery estimate is "Tuesday 15 May 2012". I will be pretty angry if this is the case, because I want to be playing at launch. Which, for me, is 11:01 PM BST! :D

Posted on 26 Apr 2012 07:17:20 BDT
R. Groen says:
My order reads 14th as the probable dispatch date, expected to arrive the 16th or 17th in Holland. Since the 17th is a national holiday there probably won't be any deliveries that day. So either the 16th or else the 18th.

Still worth the € 15 I'm saving by ordering from Amazon: € 60 vs € 45.

Posted on 26 Apr 2012 07:46:20 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Apr 2012 09:00:28 BDT
Tempting to swap to a digital download (found one that is £32.99) - pre-ordered this at the £27.XX price they were offering earlier so would only be a few pounds more.

I'm 95% sure we wont get the discs/code on the 14th so we wont actually be able to play when the servers launch. They'll turn up on the 15th for most of us with the post. Amazon would have to post on the friday or saturday to get them to us by the 14th and I just cant see that happening. Its a shame as even if we got the boxes on the 11th we couldnt do anything with them (except maybe sell them on Ebay or some such), nobody can play until 00.01 CEST on the 15th May regardless.

Anyway I hope they ship for us to be able to pre-install and be ready for launch but I wont hold my breath. If you really want to make sure you can play early on tuesday, order a digital copy - but be in mind that the servers will have queues and you will have to patch which might be slow so you might be in for a frustrating night :P

Posted on 26 Apr 2012 09:46:27 BDT
fjab says:
I had a chat with a helpful lady from Amazon yesterday, here's an excerpt:

"We will receive this item from our suppliers in time for the release date. I can confirm that we still expect to deliver your order by the date listed in Your Account: 14 May 2012 - 15 May 2012.
[...]
Further to your concern, I can confirm that we accept return of software as long as it is unopened and within 30 days from the date of receipt."

So what I'll do in case it hasn't arrived on the 14th and I'm REALLY aching for it, I'll bike to our nearest Tesco at 2300 and get it from there and then just send the Amazon package back. Problem solved.

Posted on 26 Apr 2012 12:57:51 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Apr 2012 13:01:38 BDT
Matt says:
If you get it send first class, which is like £2, I'd say 90% of the time it arrives the day of release.

Ive bought loads of games for PS3 and PC from Amazon and have had almost all of them arrive on the day of release. Maybe 2 or 3 have arrived the next day (saturday usually as games are released on fridays).

Diablo 3 is released on the 15th which is a tuesday...hmm..games rarely get released in the UK on a tuesday. Something fishy there.

Digital download is the best choice for guaranteed day-of-release play, unless a) you havent pre-loaded it, and therefore b) you have to download it at an achingly slow speed and you only get to play it that night or the next day, so you might as well wait for the disc to be delivered on that day or arrive the next day anyway.

There's no guarantees you'll get it the day of release anyway. If theres no preload, everyone will be downloading at the same time, so the speed will be slower regardless of your connection due to server overload.

So either way, nothing is guaranteed on release day.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Apr 2012 13:23:10 BDT
fjab says:
Just to make it clear, there IS preload, even I can preload it now, just don't have the key...

Posted on 26 Apr 2012 21:08:33 BDT
RedDemon says:
Very interesting. Hoping to get the DVDs on 14th then! Even though sounds unlikely...

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2012 20:03:30 BDT
Mr Sir says:
Yes can conform this, I'm pre-loading the EU English client now from Battle.net.
http://eu.media.battle.net.edgesuite.net/downloads/d3-installers/589acdb4-c660-318a-b993-01528fad7da6/Diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer-downloader.exe

Posted on 2 May 2012 06:56:37 BDT
pre-loading doesnt really make any difference, you either download the 7 gb now and patch on release, after you have received your box with the code, or you put the disc in and install the 7 gb from the disc and then patch after entering code. Pre-loading saves about 10 min, if that, as installing from the disc is obviously going to be a lot quicker than downloading the client from Blizzard. Wish there was more news from Amazon uk, I know Amazon US have had codes given to them that they can email to customers thus guaranteeing US customers can play the moment servers go live (providing the servers dont crash!)

Posted on 2 May 2012 10:43:18 BDT
J. Ferry says:
WE WANT ANSWERS AMAZON

Posted on 6 May 2012 03:05:12 BDT
Defs need a reply on this as i'll be tempted to cancel my order and just buy it online if it will come on the actual 15th. Sod sitting at my PC on vent listening to my mates play it while i just cry in the dark.

Posted on 6 May 2012 07:14:56 BDT
RedDemon says:
Amazon said that we're gonna get the correct info on the delivery date when the product is dispatched.

If it is not delivered by the time you want, you can just order a digital copy when that time comes and send the package back to Amazon as soon as it arrives to get your money back.

Posted on 7 May 2012 11:09:10 BDT
have since managed to get a CE from Shopto.net who have a more reliable delivery record. Amazon will ship on monday, shopto.net seems to be shipping friday/saturday (telling people to order by 12pm on friday if they want guaranteed delivery by tuesday)

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 13:44:47 BDT
Dom says:
Where have you found it says Amazon will ship on Monday? I have no indication of when they intend to ship for me, it just says estimated delivery date is 15th... I'd have worries it would even arrive on the 15th if it were to be despatched only the day before!

Online retailers for games are beginning to bug me... It's about time they aim to deliver PC games a day or two before the release date. I know ShopTo have a good record of delivering the day before, but again they don't AIM to do that, they still aim for the release date.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 18:50:49 BDT
just experience, I ordered The Witcher 2 a few weeks back which was a tuesday release and they dispatched it on the Monday, it arrived Tuesday with the post. Amazon just follow things by the book so if Blizzard says the game gets released on the 15th they will mail it the 14th. I guess if it were a Friday release they might ship on a Wednesday but, as I say, from recent experience they dont ship on a Fri/Sat in order to reach people on Monday.

Shopto.net seems to pride itself on fast dispatches (dispatches within 5 min often) and early shipping, I hope they dont get in trouble for it, obviously with games like this no-one can do anything until Blizzard flips a switch but console games often get to people 2-3 days early and so I can see why publishers might get a bit moody with them. Shopto.net might say they aim to get deliveries on release day to cover their backs, I think they aim to get the game to people asap so people will return to them and order again.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 19:13:31 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 May 2012 19:21:56 BDT
Dom says:
Ok, thanks. I ordered Skyrim from ShopTo.net because of this reason, and it did indeed arrive the day before, which let me play at 12 AM. I'd do the same with Diablo 3, but unfortunately I pre-ordered from Amazon 2 years ago and got it quite heavily discounted.

Edit: I decided to email support about my order because I am not seeing any estimate for the despatch date, and I'm also seeing an error saying my order is delayed, but I'm assuming that's just because I pre-ordered 2 years ago. I also voiced my concerns about the true release time actually being 11:01 PM on the 14th in the UK, and it'll be annoying if we get it on the 15th instead.

Posted on 8 May 2012 00:24:31 BDT
Last edited by the author on 8 May 2012 00:26:02 BDT
Dom says:
Interesting. I got a really fast response. This bit seems important:

"We still expect to deliver your order by the date listed in Your Account: May 15, 2012.

Once your order is sent you'll receive an e-mail confirming the date, contents and method of delivery.

If you don't get your e-mail confirmation by May 13, 2012, please let us know by replying to this e-mail and we'll investigate."

So if this is correct, one can assume from this that it should be despatched BEFORE May 13, which means either Friday or Saturday. Maybe there's hope for an arrival on the 14th after all, though I'll try not to get my hopes up.

Posted on 8 May 2012 12:59:11 BDT
Every time I ordered an online game from Amazon I always got it 1-2 days early, and I live in the middle of nowhere in Northern Ireland.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 May 2012 16:22:17 BDT
Someone on the battlenet forums said Amazon told them they would be shipping on the 12th so that sounds like good news :D

Posted on 8 May 2012 19:40:44 BDT
D. Harvey says:
Amazon don't seem to grasp the concept of delivery for these games - The game WILL arrive on the 15th. The problem is, WE can start playing at midnight at the start of the 15th, so there is no reason whatsoever why they can't and shouldn't deliver it then.

Problem is, they won't. They, for some reason, will let the game arrive in the hands of customers until the 15th itself, ignoring the fact that EVERY OTHER COMPANY is making sure people get it on the 14th since they know you can't play the game until the 15th.

Prepare for the intevitable posts all over the place complaining that it didn't arrive in time, just the same as what happened with cataclysm - Calling it now

Posted on 9 May 2012 17:40:33 BDT
iZian says:
From Amazon on this topic:
----
As per the current availability from our suppliers, the release date is May 15, 2012 and therefore we are unable to deliver it by May 14, 2012.

Please note that the release date is subject to change. If we're informed of any changes to this date, we'll update the website accordingly.

We'll receive this item from our suppliers in time for the release date. If your order contains multiple items and this title is holding up your order, we'll dispatch your order at this time. On the date of dispatch, we'll send you an e-mail confirming the date, contents and method of delivery. As per our standard policy, we don't charge you for an order until the time of dispatch.

I understand that this order was expected by May 14, 2012 and that you may need to return it if it doesn't arrive in time. If you need to return your order, please visit our Returns centre for information on how to do this.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  124
Total posts:  293
Initial post:  24 Apr 2012
Latest post:  15 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD)
Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD) by Blizzard (Mac OS X, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
2.9 out of 5 stars   (631)