on 19 April 2013
I searched high and low for any reviews of the QUEST INSTANT PORCH AWNING but couldn't find any so thought I'd take a risk and buy it and see for myself.
I don't know if I got a faulty awning but it was only up for 4 hours when we noticed a strange creaking noise coming from one of the corners and on further investigation we found the awning was tearing apart where one of the "unbrella" roof supports meets with the corner of the awning.
To be honest as soon as we received the awning and opened the bag we were dissapointed with the quality of the "canvas" material as it is quite thin and flimsy but we decided to persevere and put the awning up. It is very easy to erect and was up and pegged out within 15 mins by one person. The wind that day was very light maybe about 5 to 7 mph and the awning was being blown about very slightly but I wouldn't have expected any awning to tear in the way this did.
As soon as we saw the damage we took the awning down and then later contacted the sellers who in turn contacted Quest who immediately told them to issue a full refund, I surmise from this that Quest know there is an issue with the roof of this awning.
The idea is brilliant but in practice the awning has been made from flimsy material or the corner joints haven't been strengthened correctly and until Quest sort this problem out I would give it a wide berth.
on 10 June 2013
We chose this awning because it was one of the few lightweight weekend awnings that didn't rely on hundreds of guy ropes. We erected it first time in 10 minutes, unlike our full rigid awning which takes well over an hour. I'm not sure how robust it will be in bad weather...but those weekends we'll stay at home anyway.
For long stay holidays, we'll still take our old robust full awning, but for weekends or touring, this awning seems perfect. Being disabled, I find avoiding or stepping over guy ropes to be a nightmare. We pitched on hard standing, and so had only 2 guy rope pegs to hammer into the hard earth. We're two happy campers.
on 31 March 2016
I had a Quest Universal shelter for the car and so I thought this would be a good buy. Wrong. 10 minutes to put up is a joke. I am a seasoned camper but I could not get all three roof poles to locate into the holes and it took all my strength to flex them enough to get them in.. I had to make do with two at any time. Once 'up' it was easy but it was never secure because the roof was never under tension and of course they would come out in a breeze. The side poles are of fixed length - fine if you are on dead level ground. If not one either has to bend it, leave it hanging or do without. I could never get the canvas taut. The adjustable metal poles are also fiddly to use and liked to bend the wrong way which further hampered erection. Do not waste your money on this rubbish.
on 23 August 2014
For the price paid (less than half the local retail price) for what is in any event an inexpensive porch awning it's OK, however, so far as I can tell it does not meet the spec on the box (much shorter on the awning rail than specified) is not as easy to erect as the manufacturers would suggest, and one hook which attaches the roof to a roof bar has detached from the seam of the roof.

In all it does the job acting as a mud break and somewhere to get out of wet outer clothing. If it lasts for a season or two it will owe us nothing.
on 9 July 2014
Inexpensive lightweight, easy up easy stowed.
on 30 August 2014
This is a great porch awning once you work out how to put it up. Light and easy to use. Good price and it arrived before the designated date
on 27 May 2014
the porch awning has been used twice now and its easier to put up each time. My only complaint is it does not fit tight to the side of the caravan mainly because of the wall padding goes over the top of the caravan and this leaves a gap down the sides, as for the quality of the product I have no complaints, A good purchase
on 19 August 2014
Good value for the money. We saved over £100 compared to going to a caravan shop.