Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 February 2000
. .
I read this book four years ago and when searching for it at Amazon was surprised to see it had not been reviewed - it more than deserves more than one.
The book includes articles, reports, lists, jokes and experiences that the author collected lived and battled against as an AIDS ACTIVIST through the '80s and '90s.
The experiences and lessons from this period are already being forgotton and Davey and his strength and humour should not.
Read it - whether infected of affected (as they say) and let his energy get you to get up, go out and do something. If I am descibing a world you know nothing about - read it to learn and value your own life and be moved by that of another.
on 17 June 2015
I read this as a university student. It affected me so much I immediately gave it away. I bought it again, and promptly handed it over to someone else. I've now bought it again a decade later. I can still remember some of the images he uses even though I hadn't read it in years - without giving any spoilers away, he is a dazzlingly vivid writer. AIDS has become a phase of history, like the cold war, or WW2. This book makes it real, makes it human, makes it painful, funny, flawed and utterly utterly tragic. Buy it, give it away, buy it again, give it away again.
on 3 March 2015