There never was a video game of Casino Royale
, but now Activision is making up for lost time with a title that incorporates both Casino Royale
and its immediate sequel, Quantum of Solace
. It’s primarily a first-person shooter, but it does switch to an over-the-shoulder view when hiding under cover or taking part in interactive cut scenes.
| Daniel Craig is a big games fan and has taken a personal interest in the game |
| Almost everything in the game can be destroyed or damaged |
| Stealth is just as important as gunplay when you’re James Bond |
| Close combat switches out of first person view for a more cinematic effect |
Just like the Bond movies, the game offers a mixture of action and stealth, with the chance to take down enemies instantly if they don’t see you. You’ll almost always be outgunned, but you’re given clues as to which strategy to take by the changing music.
Bond's aresenal has been slimmed down in the new films, so it makes sense that there aren’t many gadgets in the game. There is an online multiplayer mode that pays homage to past classic Bond games such as GoldenEye 007. Which should hopefully make Bond’s video game comeback as successful as his cinematic return. Key Features
About the Developer: Treyarch
- You only live twice: Recreate the stories of both Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace in one game, including deleted scenes and new side missions.
- Duty calls: The game uses the same graphics technology as Call of Duty 4, including bullets that realistically pass through wood and other materials.
- You know his name: The game features not only the voice and likeness of Daniel Craig, but also Judi Dench as M, Mathieu Amalric as villain Dominic Greene, and Olga Kruylenko as Camille.
- Shaken not stirred: A mix of first- and third-person viewpoints allows for both shooter action and tense stealth-based exploration.
- Licence to kill: Battle friends in the online mode in a wide range of game types.
One of publisher Activision’s biggest internal studios, Treyarch have worked on many of the company’s best known titles, from the Spider-Man movie tie-ins and spin-offs to several of the Call of Duty
sequels and, of course, the new James Bond game, Quantum of Solace