on 24 June 2012
This has to be the worst book I have read. Ever. A painfully slow plot interspersed with mini lectures on how to be an entrepeneur. Unnecessary use of pompous vocabulary such as "insouciantly" - it doesn't even make sense where it was used!. Misplaced commas and semi-colons......run-on sentences galore. Ouch. Add to that the blatantly patronising view of women (we do not need to know that Nell has enormous boobs and Ellen has a nice handful, nor do we need to know the best height to be to see up women's skirts!).....words fail me at this point.
Releasing self-aware quantum entities into financial institutions is a great concept, but somehow turning into a novel went horribly wrong.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 15 August 2012
While looking for a new book to read this summer, a colleague of mine lent me their copy of "Quantum Entity, we are all ONE" by Bruce Firestone and recommended I read it cover to cover. Admittedly, I was a little bit skeptical at first, as I am generally not a big sci-fi fan and the book looked like a pretty heavy read. However, Quantum Entity turned out to be a pleasant surprise and one of the best novels I've read in a while!

This story is an intriguing, bold and adventurous venture roughly 40 years into the future, where the author deals with some potentially very real issues we may soon face given the rate technology is advancing. Quantum technology has led to the creation of a new AI quantum race, with the race's creators (Damien Bell and Ellen Brooks) not only fighting to defend the empire they've built (the most successful enterprise since Apple), but also create and defend the rights of these new creatures.

Despite the author's unorthodox writing style, Quantum Entity teaches as well as entertains, with tons of action and adventure, and even a pretty good love triangle/love story. The only "downside" is the cliffhanger ending - not sure when book 2 is coming out, hopefully sooner rather than later. I'd say it's definitely worth checking out!
review image review image review image review image review image
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again