From the Back Cover
Quantitative Approaches in Business Studies is a well-established and widely-adopted text, providing a first-rate introduction to the effective use of mathematical and statistical techniques in a business context. Its user-friendly style and minimal assumptions of prior mathematical competence have ensured its popularity with students of business and management on undergraduate, Masters and professional courses.
Now supported by a range of supplementary material including an Instructor’s Manual, online Excel supplement, and companion website, Quantitative Approaches offers a flexible and exciting learning resource to teacher and student alike.
New for this edition:
- Many chapters introduced with a novel pedagogical feature, "Quantitative Methods In Practice" drawn from national newspapers, company websites, etc.
- Re-ordering of material in Part 4 provides a more structured introduction to the quantitative modelling process
- Companion Website expanded to include more examples, with solutions, plus a wide range of links to other useful sites for student and teacher
- carefully designed to build students’ confidence in the use and interpretation of quantitative methods
- integrated references throughout the text to the use of Excel for quantitative analysis, supported by an on-line Excel workbook on the companion website
- encourages students to develop conceptual understanding of the methods as well as facility in their application
- completely self-contained, including an initial chapter revising necessary basic mathematics and a final chapter showing how statistical methods can contribute to the student research project
CLARE MORRIS has taught quantitative methods to students of business, from HND to PhD level, at institutions including Bristol Polytechnic, Warwick Business School and Cardiff Business School. She is currently Head of Quality Assurance at the University of Gloucestershire.