In one of the first to focus on qualitative content analysis, Margrit Schreier takes students step-by step through:
- creating a coding frame
- segmenting the material
- trying out the coding frame
- evaluating the trial coding
- carrying out the main coding
- what comes after qualitative content analysis
- making use of software when conducting qualitative content analysis.
Each part of the process is described in detail and research examples are provided to illustrate each step. Frequently asked questions are answered, the most important points are summarized, and end of chapter questions provide an opportunity to revise these points. After reading the book, students are fully equiped to conduct their own qualitative content analysis.
Designed for upper level undergraduate, MA, PhD students and researchers across the social sciences, this is essential reading for all those who want to use qualitative content analysis.