Style Name: Cutting Mat|Change
Price:£11.54+ Free shipping

on 29 January 2014
I searched various outlets for an A1 sized cutting mat of this quality- and all that I found were more expensive than this one yet of a lesser quality. I was actually a little dubious when I ordered the Q Connect A1 cutting mat here for the price that it is; I was worried that I'd be supplied with an inferior product -but I received the real thing!

The mat is THICK, almost half a centimetre thick. When looking at its edge, the individual layers can be seen. It's covered on both sides with a 1cm grid in light blue print, with a 1cm wide border left all round (and the Q Connect logo printed in light blue on the lower right hand corner). Unfortunately for those who prefer the imperial measuring system, the mat isn't calibrated in inches, in fact there are no numbers printed on the cm grid either but for me, that's fine. The mat also arrives flat -it's too thick to roll and folding it would likely leave a permanent indentation along the fold line.

I gave the mat 4 stars rather than 5 because when I unpacked it, a small piece of the green layer had chipped off. The broken piece was pretty tiny, about the size of a fingernail clipping and funnily enough it’s a nail file that will probably be the best thing to "sand" down the edge to a smooth finish again! All in all, I'm really happy with this cutting mat -I have very limited space at home but now, I can extend my working area to the floor without a problem which is great :-)
on 25 February 2011
This mat is large. I wanted to cover my crafting table to protect the surface. Job done!! Mat is of excellent quality and durability. Value for money. Arrived protected and not rolled up tight. Layed flat straight away on my table surface. If you are looking for the perfect crafting mat, this is it. Or can be used for many other uses.
on 21 December 2009
Very pleased with this mat, its durable, large, and at a great price less than on the high street. For a self healing mat this is a great mat. It does need to be kept flat though as it bends if you try to stand it on end, so do take into account storing when ordering as it is really big!
on 4 December 2011
A lovely LARGE Sized Cutting Matt a must have for those who love crafting - fantastic size for cutting dress making patterns - Useful grid measurements for precise cutting - the size of this cutting mat allows for plenty of room to lay out patterns - the surface allows for rotary cutting to be made with the simplest ease -

It's large size means it needs to stored flat or against a wall so that it does not misshape

I love this cutting mat - not only is a fantastic product it comes at a fantastic affordable price - for me this product has been a real bargain all round
on 28 August 2011
I've bought at least four cutting mats from various suppliers in the past, and this one is the best of all. To begin with, it's 4mm thick which is double the thickness of some of the others I've had, making it far stronger and more durable. It is also marked out in a centimeter grid system on both sides, making it yet more useful! It's an excellent price - go for it!
on 22 January 2013
Fantastic deal, complete bargain- great size. Very expensive elsewhere. Good thick quality. Not mapped with rules but bought the quilters rule and that gives me all the measurements I need.
Use with the rotary cutter just like cutting butter.lol.
on 4 April 2013
I wanted an A1 mat for cutting fabric - i got fed up cutting little bit2 on my small mat and them noving to next part. A1 mats are usually expensive so when i noticed this i decided i would be an idiot not to buy. Was told it could take a week to reach me but arrived within 3 days - fabulous! Its a good sturdy mat and i have no problem with stoirn it so not to bend - it remains on my table all the time. Just goes to show i do have a brain - it found me one of the best bargains around!
on 26 August 2014
Left green marks which couldn't be removed on the work piece. The project was destroyed and some expensive materials wasted.
on 8 April 2011
Great price, arrived flat and well packaged - totally works as it should, double sided, and HUGE A1 size is brilliant for covering pretty much my entire cutting desk.
on 12 April 2013
this is brilliant, a great size i'm storing it under my bed to keep it flat......its very good value i recently saw similar size for £45 which i decided was more than i wanted to spend. delivery was really really quick too. haven't given it full five stars because it has no number calibrations and no bias lines but to be honest for basic dressmaking cutting out on it'll be all i need. thank you very much