on 4 January 2011
Good product and does exactly what its supposed to. Having bought 3 it intrigued me to see that all were very slightly different shapes but it doesn't change the effect of the midge net in any way. However it worked a treat in northern Scotland despite massive swarms of midges. You can see through it with out problems.
on 28 June 2012
I have to say amazin product, ran the Dirty 30 in Loch Alsh got back to the camp site and the Mighty Midge were out in force not one bite and my explorer hat "just like in the pic" fitted under it and the visibility was pretty good through the mesh. i have bought a few spare ones for my team for the West Highland Way..
on 4 August 2012
Bought this net for working nightshift on the west coast of Scotland and it works a treat. Only downside is you can get a little warm when the temperatures up a bit but I'd rather that than be eaten alive!
on 28 August 2012
I used this last week on the Scotish Isle of Arran on a particularly midgey day. I looked a bit ridiculous but didn't get bitten. I put mine over my hat so it held the net a bit away from my face, making it easier to see out of.
Without a doubt, seeing me in this attire is going to scare off any hungry midge, mosquito or horsefly!

More seriously, it's a very good piece of kit for anyone venturing into areas with biting flying insects and it's proven effective against the notorious midges of the Scottish Highlands. After being almost eaten alive by the mozzies and horseflies and nursing painful and itchy bites for the following few weeks, it's become essential headwear.

Since wearing it, along with Jungle Formula Maximum 125ml Aerosol or 100ml Citronella Pure Essential Oil on my arms and legs, I've escaped without a single nibble. I'm not keen on wearing fly repellant on my face so I was very pleased to find the head net gives full protection. and it will also fit over a hat which makes it cooler to wear, particularly in the sweltering weather of the current UK 30-degree heatwave. In daylight, visibility through the net is good but in dark conditions it's much harder to see through. However, I'd much prefer to stumble around a little than nurse more bites.

A recommended purchase for anyone at risk of being bitten by flying insects and, at this price, don't hesitate. You won't regret it - but you might regret being without it!
review image
on 4 July 2013
I've been using this most days for the past few weeks on my damp, midgie infested land where in the evenings around trees, thick clouds of midgies are unbearable. This midgie net is a very fine mesh which can be a bit stuffy and isn't ideal for seeing through especially when it's getting dark - but that's the price you pay for a fine enough mesh to stop the wee bastards. I'm getting bites even under my clothes but this net does seem to completely protect my face and neck. For four pounds, it's a bargain and I'm now ordering a couple of spares.
on 1 January 2013
This net is inexpensive and arrived promptly. Bought to protect from mosquitoes in Kruger (South Africa), but not used because (i) there were hardly any mosquitoes about and (ii) the net has very fine mesh which slightly reduced visual acuity. It probably would be great for the midge season in Scotland.
on 12 March 2013
Took this with me for a trip canoeing and camping in the Everglades in Feb. The bugs-nooseums (midges to us) and mosquitos were insane at dusk and night but this worked completely and meant that we could sit outside and enjoy the evenings rather than stay in our tents.
on 21 May 2013
Did the job - kept the bugs away from my face but a little difficult to see through. Not really a mesh but a veil like material. Comes with a toggle around the bottom so you can tighten it to stop the bugs getting under it.

Also looks like you have a sack over your head from a distance ( not ideal if you're camping in a woods - looks a bit like a hostage situation).

Didn't notice it came in a forest green. I wanted black.
on 25 October 2012
Purchased these for when we go camping to keep the horrible midges away. they haven't been used yet as its rained since I got them.