on 5 March 2013
I was looking forward to receiving this product as a gift. When it arrived speedily I was concerned about the flimsy feel but got on to use it straight away. I liked the fact that it tilted to make the assess to the board easy when on a table but the extra trays again seemed flimsy and allowed the pieces to move around too easily. I closed the board up and as the method was by velcro I wondered how long it would last. I placed the case behind the settee which was pleasing as it was out of the way BUT when I came back to it and opened the case carefully the pieces had not stayed in situ and the pieces in the sorting trays were all over the place. This I found more than irritating as I had spent many hours on this. I felt it was not fit for purpose so having returned it (easily I may add) I will try another type..
on 13 February 2013
I was very disappointed with this item. It was poorly made, the covering material was puckered so that puzzle pieces didn't fit properly, the sorting trays were so flimsy they buckled when I picked them up and the pad didn't fit into the slots properly when I tried to use it as illustrated. It was also very badly packaged so that one corner was broken when I received it. What seems like a good idea was spoiled by the use of inferior materials. It's back to the dining table for me. I could not recommend this to anyone.
on 26 October 2013
I bought this as a birthday gift for my mum last month! at near £30 I felt it was a lot of money but as she does her jigsaw puzzles everyday thought I was worth it. leaning over the board makes her shoulders ache so the fact that this propped the puzzle up seemed great! when the board arrived it was a lot thicker than her original portapuzzle board and wouldn't fit under the settee for storage. 'not to worry mum, it says that once the board is securely closed you can in fact carry it with its handles, so surely you can also store it on it's side!' BUT NO!!! when you open the board back up the pieces had slid down the board!! you can imagine how unhappy she was. not wanting to complain she now uses the stand to do the puzzle then transfers the board into her old portapuzzle case! surely this isn't the way it's meant to be when you pay that much for something! want to complain to the manufacturer but can't seem to find a website for them!!? don't waste your money!
on 17 March 2013
I bought this puzzle board for my mum and we were both extremely disappointed. If there was a zero star rating, I would give it. It says it fits most 1000 piece puzzles - it doesn't. The majority of puzzles we have are too big for the board - not much but enough to mean that the edging along a complete side wouldn't fit in. It is very flimsy. The board keeps falling out of the grooves at the side. The small boards are also very flimsy. My mum wanted to use it on her lap but it is too heavy and uncomfortable for this. I can't think of anythin good to say about it. A complete waste of money - and it was quite expensive for the quality.
11 comment29 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 April 2013
I bought this product thinking that I could easily fold and put away my jigsaw puzzles. It does not do the job as the pieces move a lot even if you close the folder properly, making it useless. I feel that I have wasted my money and i now have to buy another one.
on 2 April 2013
Size is good, trays are good but the whole point is to be able to put the puzzle away unfinished and return as and when.

Having worked on a difficult puzzle for rather a long time, needed the dining table so put it away.

After sealing the Portapuzzle, or so I thought, picked it up by the handle followed by noise of breaking up puzzle pieces inside falling apart.

Not inspiring can tell you.
So, is it does not allow for your puzzle to be portable!
on 14 March 2013
I liked the idea of the elevated section, I can see the puzzle much easier avoiding glare from overhead lighting. Not happy with the board which slips out of the side grooves very easily, these need to be redesigned (deeper) to hold the board in place properly. The felt on the board is not taught enough, it puckers when placing pieces of puzzle. Not all 1,000 piece puzzles are the same size, the one I did was larger than the board so it hung over sides and squashed up when closing the case. When the case is closed and standing the velcro on the sides of the case eventually come apart, then when you carefully open the case you find the puzzle has moved, which is very annoying. For the price I paid very disappointed.
11 comment14 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 February 2013
I have been looking for a Puzzle Board for a while,when I saw Puzzle mates Portapuzzle Pro 1000 I thought this is for me, Ordered it straight away. It came pretty quickly after I ordered it. No more leaning over the dining room table and getting a sore back. You just put the puzzle board up like on the picture and away you go. I love mine, So I highly recommend it, Go and order yours now.
on 8 October 2013
makes life so easy, i can take it out when ever suites me, easy to remember where you placed certain peices, and the puzzle is safe from my 3 year old,
on 27 January 2014
By choosing this Portapuzzle board I expected to be able to close it up & transport my uncompleted jigsaw from room to room in a vertical position, as the information blurb gave the impression this was possible. NO you definitely cannot do this! No matter how carefully you follow the scant instructions the only pieces that remain intact & in place are those around the outside edge, any completed sections not secured to the completed outside edges of the jigsaw slide to the bottom of the portapuzzle mat where they separate. This puzzle board is not fit for purpose & a waste of money.