Colour Name: White|Change
Price:£156.99+ Free shipping

on 20 September 2014
This device worked great for a few months and then it stopped charging and it does nothing now. I thought perhaps i could use it when plugged in to the charger but sadly this doesn't seem to work ... so i contacted Pure Support and ordered a new charger. No change, i then thought perhaps the battery pack was faulty (still no reply from my support ticket) and ordered a new battery. The device sprung back to life but it still won't charge so clearly there is something wrong with the unit itself. However i've now spent over £50 on spare parts and Pure Support still haven't responded to me (its now been 2 wks) and i am going abroad soon.

I wish now i'd bought another brand that last longer than a few months ...
on 21 June 2013
Good solid build. Nice product. Not as loud as I would have liked but I am being picky for size and cost of product. Its enough for one room or outside. Very pleased. easy to use as well.
on 17 January 2016
Initially worked fine, with both my laptop and phone able to connect with it via bluetooth, and it played good sound.

After a couple of months, for no apparent reason, it stopped connecting with my laptop, so I can no longer cast music from my laptop to the speaker.

I thought it was some software on the laptop that had caused the problem, but my laptop still casts with my phone, and my phone still casts to the speaker, but there is something that stops the speaker connecting to the laptop. It's detected by my bluetooth manager on the laptop, but wont' connect.
on 10 August 2014
Bought two in order to spread sound through the house. Work beautifully with clear sound.
on 4 June 2013
I just purchased this single Jongo for testing purpose.
Now I can purchase the rest for a complete multiroom Installation.
Nice device!
on 9 November 2013
The S3 is well built and looks good. It is easy to set up and the sound quality is excellent. The various audio configurations mean that the speaker can be placed pretty well anywhere, indoors or out and a single charge provides many hours of listening. The externally placed Bluetooth dongle is a little bizarre, but it is small and works as it should. Pairing is easy and very quick. Different coloured panels allow for matching to any decor. Pure have a good reputation and this product does not disappoint.
on 12 April 2013
Speedy order and delivery as usual (less than 24 hours in total).
When it arrived, was surprised to see that Bluetooth integration was simply a tiny dongle plugged into the USB port, but hey! It works and I cant use the port for anything else so no problem really.
Sound quality is surprisingly good for such a small box, probably not quite up to Sonos levels but great for the price and features. Portability is fantastic bonus with this with (so far) good battery life!!
Bluetooth from my iPhone is clearly poorer quality than the auxiliary cable input or Wifi but very easy to sync and play. Also you dont need the Pure App to play your own audio through BT.
WiFi setup was easy and worked first time. Very stable connection. Slow start (couple of seconds) to playback from tracks on my devices but thats to be expected I think.
Remote volume control is also available in the Pure Connect App, although the App is far too complicated and geared towards their own services making it tricky to switch to your own pre-bought music. Not so bad on a tablet but too much on screen for a phone sized device.
Would be good if they had a simplified section for playback of favourites and own music.

Best thing so far: Jongle in the Kitchen, phone upstairs, Pebble watch on my wrist. Controlling music remotely from my phone via my Pebble watch, audio outputting on the Jongo!! All worked like Magic!
I might have to invest in at least one more!
Recommended!
on 5 April 2013
Firstly, it seems that this product has been delayed for a long time (since November?) but it has finally arrived. Unfortunately I ended up paying more than the original price of £150 because the order was conveniently cancelled after a month of delays meaning I had to reorder at the higher price of £170.

Anyway, the speaker itself is aesthetically pleasing and setting up to my wireless network was easy. I'm no expert on sound quality but it seems very good. There are several different modes and the portability of the speaker (once charged) is a bonus.

However, I haven't rated this 5 stars because of problems with the Pure Connect app that you have to use to control it.

The app is 'laggy' - the song can have been playing for three seconds before the screen on my iPhone informs me of the song title.

You can't easily control the volume from the app - you'd expect there would be a volume control at all times when music is playing but there isn't. You have to choose the pure icon and go to a new screen. If you shut the app you can skip between songs when your phone is locked (like you can on the iPhone's native music app) but the volume control does nothing.

You have to register before the app will let you bookmark a radio station!!

When using the 'settings' section of the app I am told the best way to access Pure Connect is to use the app and it attempts to redirect me to the App Store to download it again, even though I'm currently using the app!

Once you do register you can save your favourite radio stations in the 'Me' section. However, you can only create playlists in this section from tunes you've bought from the Pure Connect service or if you're paying the fiver a month for their streaming service. You cannot create playlists or even access your own tunes in this 'Me' section, instead having
to select the 'Browse' menu and find the 'On this device' section. This is really clumsy.

In short, this app was presumably written to buy/stream from Pure's Connect service and the parts used to control the speaker feel like an awkward bolt on. If Pure can work on these issues then this could be a five star product.
on 16 March 2013
Here's the update
Slightly in haste, as heavy day ahead, but important update.
The initial instructions for setup were really nasty (only useful for people who do not need them). However the support manager was really helpful on the phone and has started drafting a good (not mediocre) set of instructions which makes setting up the product much nicer. I will post the link when there is one available.

TIP: if you can not immediately set this up, do not get frustrated, just contact support for the instructions. I think that the vision for this product is fantastic, the Android App is so/so, but it does work (when you have the instructions!), and they need to do some polishing to have a really good product.

RUMOUR: the Android App has some really nice upgrades coming within 4 weeks (but they have had date problems before)

DIVINE: They are doing something about the weak points of the product, and have listened to customer feedback.

I am really pleased to be buying into their eco-system.

I will report more.

Here's my first review
The Good: It arrived nice and quickly, it looks great, and sounds nice (although a bit quiet) when played through bluetooth
The Bad: Operation requires pushing buttons on the back, and looking at the light on the front, the LCD on the back is hard to see in most lighting conditions as it is so small and sunk into the body of the device.
The Ugly: Having tried to follow their really nasty (lots of page turning, some on paper, some on web, inconsistency) instructions, I have failed to get it to work, but hey-ho write to support, who will get back to me within 2 (week) days.

I do not know exactly what the problem was, but I suspect that there are some steps that their technical people know how to do by heart, but have not written down in the instructions.

I will keep you posted, but I suspect that many people would find the setup experience very annoying. I would be interested to hear if other people had the same problem. It is possible that I have a defective unit, but the instructions are so poor, that it is hard to tell.

I will let you know how things progress.
on 13 April 2013
Arrived yesterday, and well worth it. I checked out many docks and wireless systems, and couldn't get comfortable. I have had a Pure DAB radio for 6 years, and the sound has always been amazing, so ordered two Jongos when they were announced.

And they are truly fantastic. The sound is incredible, crisp, balanced, lively, clear. Perfect sync between both units over wifi. Great looking. Controllable speakers, all wifi from my phone, volume etc.

I trusted Pure to deliver, and they've lived up to my high and fussy expectations. Bose, Jambox, everything else at John Lewis and the Apple store, eat your hearts out. I am delighted with these.

See one answered question