on 6 October 2013
If you want this product as a bedside clock radio, you need to know the display of the time is so small and cramped (3mmx8mm) that it is unreadable at night to anyone without perfect eyesight.

Pure have acknowledged that it would be better to display the time as larger characters in the main part of the display, and suggested to me they will make a software upgrade. If this is important to you it might be worth checking that you are buying an upgraded product.
1414 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 August 2014
Excellent quality for the price. Very clear reception. Standby only instead of an off switch is a bit disappointing. The sound quality is excellent and the product is very solid and well made. If you just want a radio that works and don't need thousands of presets and gadgets, this is for you.
on 9 November 2013
Purchased from local specialist HiFi shop as same price as Amazon and saved waiting in for delivery but identical product. Purchased for bedside radio with ability to plug in MP3 player. Small footprint. Good sound. Easy controls - only three presets accessible by single button press but that's fine for me as there is only three radio stations I regularly listen to.

Two problems - both related to display. Firstly the display is really bright at night - you could almost read a book by it! It needs to be dimmable. Secondly when in standby the time - which is what you want to see - is displayed in tiny characters, and the date - which you seldom want when you wake in the night - is in slightly larger characters below. Would make much more sense to use the whole display area just for the time.

If it wasn't for those two problems it would get five stars.
55 comments|34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 May 2014
There is nothing to complain about this product, I actually bought this after I read all the reviews, to be honest it was a good buy, This is a very good radio, the sound quality, design and built quality all great plus plenty of future. in reference about what the other reviewers mentions about the following (1) clock size (2) sound quality.
The sound quality can be adjusted from bass or treble on audio settings and you can adjust the brightness on the clock for easy time reading from a distance all done on display settings.
A Superb radio for the price I definitely recommend this product
on 30 January 2016
I have used PURE DAB radios dating back to the Evoke - 1 back in the early 2000s and it still works brilliantly today, I even bought the extension speaker for stereo but if anything this reduced its depth of performance and I ended up disconnecting it. That radio was mains powered only using a huge brick of a power supply. I also have a PURE Chronos iDock for the bedroom alarm (although I no longer use the Apple dock part).

The Evoke D2 is a step up, the small foot print and the rich sound from such a small box is incredible, OK it is mono sound but the depth and clarity of the sound are brilliant. Setting up is simple and you can add a rechargeable battery that is a tad fiddly to install but easy to do in less than a few minutes.

Money very well spent, this has been used daily for many months.
on 25 September 2014
This DAB radio is even better than expected. Simple to program and use with good sound quality. I'm assume there has been a software upgrade since some of the reviews have been written, because you can dim the display that won't keep you awake at night.
on 7 March 2014
A nice little radio, simple to use, sits neatly on my small bedside table, and good sound for the size, even in music.
on 25 October 2015
A long-time radio lover I've always wished for a Pure or Roberts model but never been able to justify the premium price line these products carry, opting instead for cheaper supermarket brands when choosing a DAB. After seeing this model on offer I finally decided to treat myself and now regret not doing so sooner.

This is a fantastic compact radio. It may be smaller than other models but still has a gorgeous clear, rich sound. Straight away justifiying why you have to pay a bit more for Pure.

It's really easy to set up and use, also, this radio has a sturdy well-built feel that the budget models I'd used previously completely lack. Top quality.
on 1 January 2015
I bought this radio on a lightning deal as a smaller alternative to my Evoke-2 which I was fed up moving from room to room. The Evoke-2 is ancient and still sounds fab so I decided to stick with Pure when looking for a second radio. Its only for listening to in the kitchen but I was very impressed by the quality of sound from something so small. Just plug it in, switch it on and let the unit find the stations in your area. Within seconds I was dancing like a fool to some 80s classics. Now to buy the battery pack to stop my cat chewing the power cable... great buy for under £50
on 7 October 2013
My wife wanted a radio for the kitchen and this is a very neat little design. It sits nicely on a window sill, but is powerful enough to provide a decent sound. Like the wood finish of it, which makes it stand out from the plastic variety.