on 4 February 2013
I bought this for my partner to have in the kitchen. He like products which are high quality so I was a bit worried about buying this for him - because it was inexpensive I was worried the sound quality may not be good. As I had been pleased with a Pure product before, I was hoping this would be OK too. I needn't have worried because the sound quality is excellent - great for the price and looks good too! I would have no problems about recommending this item
on 14 March 2013
I read all the reviews before buying. I am extremely satisfied, it ticks all the boxes. It is very compact and grips the table well, not easy to knock over. I was worried that there was little adjustment for sound ie treble, bass etc. When I first got it, I must admit I wanted more knobs to twiddle with. However, on repeated use, I have discovered the sound is ideal. I think the manufacturers have found the optimum tone level. I find that the absence of tone control is now an advantage, simply switch on and turn up the volume. I have noticed some people feel they could do with more volume, again I found the volume was adequate and I had not turned it up fully. Easy to tune in the stations, you have both fm and digital. It is sturdy and well constructed. The battery charger is an advantage - unplug it and you can take it up to the bathroom or bedroom and its ready to play. I like the idea that text appears which tells you what programme is on, the name of the band playing etc. I understand that the digital signal we receive will one day become obsolete. However, I cant see that happening for some time. I have to admit, I would have liked to have found a cheaper radio, but I could not find one as good as this. Hobsons choice. A word of warning, I noticed some customers said the receptions was not very good. Mine is excellent, but I would check on whether you are in an area that can received a good digital signal. You can do this on the web, enter your post code. I'll have to give it five.
on 24 May 2013
I love this radio. It has a clear sound, very easy to use and it's so pretty. It always gets a compliment from visitors.
on 12 June 2013
Brilliant but not happy that the battery to make it portable is an extra £37, still a really well designed and functioning radio
on 6 January 2014
Although new and plenty of time to find some faults, I have been pleased with the purchase. The DAB element works well - better than the FM . One thing to note which I missed is that it does NOT come with a battery and this is extra.
on 26 May 2015
I like Pure radios and have bought several Pure One's for around the house and as presents, a Pure Evoke-3 and now this Pure Evoke Mio. I have never had any problems and I like the style.

I bought the Mio as a bedside radio and I'm very pleased with the red trim which adds a splash of colour to the otherwise fairly plain room. It has a feel of quality with all of the knobs and buttons being nice to use.

The sound quality is very good and quite loud enough for my taste. However, at very low volumes, voices, particularly female ones for some reason, can sound a little indistinct. Certainly not as clear as the Pure One's I have. I suspect that this is due to the larger case on the Mio, which may enhance the bass a little more than the 'One and here is no tone control to offset this effect. However, all it takes is to turn up the volume a notch or two and everything is fine.

The display is very clear and automatically dims in low light to a level that doesn't affect my sleep. If necessary and you are very sensitive to light, it can be set to turn off completely after a few seconds. If you then want to see the time during the night, pressing one of the knobs will display the time for a few seconds.

Reception is fine where I live on the Surrey/West Sussex border.

I give this 4 stars. It would receive 5 stars if the sound at very low volumes was as clear as the Pure One.
on 23 April 2014
Yes I have modern technology, yes I love music, yes I have had many music players - but this is excellent quality, easy to switch a radio on and have relaxed background and doesn't pick up any music interference....... All I can say is this is brilliant quality, very stylish, easy to programme. Worth every penny :)
on 21 February 2014
Bought it as a gift for my mum for Christmas as she's been after a DAB radio and read some negative reviews on the Kitsh one regarding the paint coming off. My mum loves it and has it in the kitchen. The clarity is great and it looks fab too! Couldnt fault it
on 3 January 2014
After reading all of the reviews for the Pure DAB and the Roberts I chose the Pure for my mothers Christmas present.

I'm glad I did - it looks great in my mums kitchen and she says that the clarity is fantastic.

Very Happy!!
on 3 March 2014
I just love this radio the sound is excellent and like that I can read who the artist is and the title of the song. It looks wonderful in my kitchen. It is very sturdy and well made.