- Product Dimensions: 8.8 x 25.6 x 15.5 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 1.8 Kg
- Item model number: One Elite Series 2, Black
- ASIN: B005OPKB0K
- Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 4 Oct. 2011
- Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (99 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 11,418 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £1.99 UK delivery
Pure ONE Elite Series II Portable Stereo DAB/FM Radio - Black
|Price:||£84.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- DAB digital and FM radio
- Listen Later' to save your favourite programme and play it back later
- Twin 3" drive units for high-quality stereo sound
- Intellitext for on-demand access to stored scrolling text from participating broadcasters
- Adjustable bass and treble
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
Pure ONE Elite Series II Portable Stereo DAB/FM Radio - Black
|Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery|
|Sold by||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk||K.K. Electronics||Bargain Planet|
|Dimensions||15.5 cm x 8.8 cm x 25.6 cm||14.5 cm x 7.2 cm x 21 cm||9.5 cm x 3.6 cm x 18 cm||13.5 cm x 6 cm x 13 cm|
|Model Number||One Elite Series 2, Black||VL-61901||XDRS40DBPB.CEK||VL-61874|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Colour Name: black
Pure ONE Elite Series II
A stereo DAB digital and FM radio that looks great, sounds fantastic and is easy to use, Series II of the What Hi-Fi? award-winning One Elite features improved audio performance and Listen Later, which enables you to save your favourite programme and play it back later.
If you haven’t experienced digital radio yet, you’re in for a treat. There’s more station choice, easy station selection, extra information on the display and crisp, clear digital-quality sound.
One Elite Series II takes an optional rechargeable ChargePAK for portable listening, reducing the cost to you and to the environment. Alternatively you can use six standard C size alkaline batteries.
Features also include an input for your iPod/MP3 player, digital radio pause and rewind, FM with RDS, Intellitext, textSCAN, kitchen and sleep timers, a backlit display and USB upgradeability.
- Pause and rewind digital radio for up to 15 minutes
- Aux input for iPod/MP3 player
- Takes an optional ChargePAK C6L for portable listening.
- Clock with sleep timer
- Easy to use tone or radio alarm
- Countdown/kitchen timer
- 50 presets (25 digital, 25 FM)
- USB connector for product upgrades
ONE Elite radio
AC power adapter
3 year warranty
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
1) Bedside Radio/Clock, plenty of alarm programming options for stations, volume, weekdays/weekends etc. Great breadth of volume, Quiet enough (on level 2) to wake me up without being obtrusive and plenty loud for most sized rooms. Note: the backlight remain on when the radio plays from the alarm. The Audio quality is warm with sufficient bass, middle and treble although not top-end fidelity.
2) Recording - records my fave weekly program from BBC Radio 2 and plays back with no loss of quality. (I guess I could get this from the BBC iPlayer but having the radio based facility is easier.
3) Portable - can be readily moved from place to place (I need to buy the optional charging pack to take the unit outside the house). The plug-in transformer is small and compact.
4) Ergonomics - easy to use press buttons and looks attractive in any location. Chunky extended arial look a bit old fashioned though. Not easy to find the Snooze facility as its buried in the menus.
If the battery pack was included, slightly better Hi-Fi sound quality, nicer arial and easier to use snooze button I would award the 5th star.
The price is now dropping which makes this Radio a great choice.
20Jan update: All in all still very happy and I have now bought the battery pack which seems to work fine (not tested duration). However there are two restrictions to be aware of;
1)The 'Listen Later' recording is lost if you disconnect the radio from the mains to run on battery.
2)The alarm does not work on battery power.
The radio itself feels quite solid, it's stable and neat, quite heavy for its size. My one gripe is that it is supposed to be a portable but it does not have a handle - the radio is covered in a rubbery material which I suppose helps one to grip it firmly, but the lack of a handle was a disappointment. Other than that, I am very pleased with it and can probably squash it safely into my bag if I want to take it out somewhere.
MP3 capability: During my pre-purchase testing I was disappointed to find that, like my little Pure Move radio, the Pure One Elite (not the Series II model) automatically switched to auxiliary input when a 3.5mm jack plug was inserted in the input socket, and that the volume of the auxiliary source was not controllable by the radio volume control. However, the fantastic sound was more than compensation for this, and I found that, even at maximum, the volume control on other radios did not make my mp3 input any louder than the Pure One Elite; it could only make it quieter.
Having bought the Pure One Elite Series II (on the grounds that it was £8 cheaper on Amazon than what I suppose we must now call the Pure One Elite Series I) I am delighted to find that it does not automatically switch to auxiliary input when the cable is plugged in (you can leave it plugged in and press the `source' button when you want to swap from radio to your mp3 player), and that the volume of the auxiliary source is controllable by the radio's own volume control (and may even amplify it).
I am puzzled why this modification is not trumpeted by Pure, but all credit to them for responding positively to the comments made by the reviewers of the Pure One Elite Series I.
Sound quality: It is difficult to put into words how impressed I am with this radio's sound.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fantastic radio. Big sound, headphone out so you can link it to speakers if you want more volume or a fuller sound. Takes batteries too so you can take it on holiday. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Rich
Fantastic pure radio, very easy to set up. Would recommend as great sound too.Published 1 month ago by Bridget
Smart radio and easy to set up, another great product from Pure would highly recommend this brand for Digital Radio's. Read morePublished 1 month ago by D. Cooper
my radio is a Pure One Classic and it's in a bedroom, so not in a greasy or hot or humid atmosphere but the surface is so sticky it's horrible to touch and looks dirty too. Read morePublished 3 months ago by ss
Nice rubbery feel makes it easy to carry if you have nothing else to carry at the time but a handle would have been really good. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Colin G. Bradley
Refurbished radio just like a new one but lots cheaper - why pay more? Twin quality speakers for good stereo effect, note this is really a desktop / bedside radio given its... Read morePublished 8 months ago by hifiguy