on 1 February 2015
I have spent so much money on "non pull harnesses" that don't work that i'd given up on the thought of a nice easy dog walk.

I saw this and thought "yeah yeah here we go again" but not having tried a front fastening harness I thought I'd give it a go as i'd tried all others.

I put it on the dog with no great expectations but oh my life was I surprised! Now don't get me wrong, it's not magic. My dog still tries to get ahead but he has no weight or strength behind his pull because when he tries it simply turns him around. He can only go as far as what the lead will let him and then instead of pulling my arm out of socket he simply stops.

The first walks were frustrating for him but now he has accepted that he can't get anywhere any faster and now walks by my side or just in front.

The lead is almost always loose now, unless he sees a cat!

This harness has put the enjoyment back in dog walking for me. I no longer dread leaving the house with him.

I'm not saying all this lightly, after many failed harnesses I'd given up but this really does work.

I would recommend this to anyone with a pully dog, just don't expect miracles on the first walk. He will need to get over the initial frustration at not being able to get anywhere you don't want him to.

Give it a go, it might surprise you.

Great seller, fast delivery with no problems.
on 24 June 2014
Needed to put pen to paper, after 4+ years of struggling to walk a very fit large black Lab, using various training methods with Canny Collar, choke chains, etc.,

I am so pleased with the harness, it is like a magic wand has been waved, god only knows how this harness could be so effective.

I did find the harness via Google from the US official website, found the videos on there a good watch, but remained skeptical until I tried the harness out myself.

Many thanks once again Chippers for being a UK supplier and sending the parcel without delay!
on 29 October 2014
I have an akita/malamute cross and the desire to pull is strong.
He is only 9 months old but had no trouble pulling all 17 stone of me around, and nearly off my feet a couple of times.
I tried various products to try and eliminate the pulling issue and although the "Halti" worked well, my dog hated it being around his snout and was constantly pawing at it trying to get it off.
This harness is a happy compromise for both me and my dog.
He does not mind it being on, and I love not being pulled around when I am walking him.
If I want him walking by my side I just wrap the leash around my hand a couple of times to shorten it, if I want to give him some "sniff" time I just unwrap the leash and let him get on with it.
Either way, the harness lets me keep complete control.
My dog also gets over excited when he sees other dogs when out walking and does his best to get to them regardless of what I want him to do.
Now I just shorten the leash and he has no choice but to stay at my side.
No more pulling, greater all round control, and if anyone is experiencing the same issues I had with my dog I would highly recommend this product .... it works fantastically well and my pooch does not find it irritating in any way.
0Comment32 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 February 2015
I had decided to purchase the Front Leading Harness for a couple of reasons.

We have a large labrador retriever who, in his mind, is still a puppy! He always wants to be one step ahead on walks and this leads to a constant pulling effect on the lead. Despite all of my best endeavors (rewards, little tugs, "heel" commands et al), I have never managed to get him to walk by my side on a loose lead for any prolonged period of time. I have shoulders that are constantly in pain due to arthritis so walking him is a bit of a chore at times.

The other bad habit that he has is to get soooo excited by other dogs and/or people who seem nice to him! If a couple walk along and seem happy and smiley, he sees that as his opportunity to literally throw himself at them. And, he would try to rip my arm out of it's socket to try to get to another doggy. Goodness, I am painting a bad picture of him (me!) aren't I - he is the most adorable dog, really, he just literally bounces with excitement at times. So much so that he pulled my daughter (who is 15 and quite strong) straight off her feet the other day whilst trying to get to get to another canine friend. Enough was enough...

So having tried numerous types of lead and harness to no avail (I refuse to use choke collars despite being told by several passers by who have been his "victim" to get him one - they are just cruel!) I finally found this little beauty on t'internet. It seemed to have good reviews and whilst I thought it a little pricey, I decided to throw caution to the wind and invest. I am absolutely amazed by the results!

Immediately that it was on, he stopped pulling and walked along like a well trained guide dog! I presume it must be how it is fitted behind the legs and to the chest with the lead loop to the front that makes pulling feel weird? Anyhow, whatever the reason, walking him has been a pleasure since owning this harness.

Our first real test was to see another doggy or human "friend" who he would be desperate to get to. Walk number three gave us the opportunity to really test this harness... As we approached the entrance to a pub, a couple of young men were leaving, they were chatting and laughing loudly; a signal for my lab to chuck himself at them. Of course, he went into immediate "alert" mode. I had the usual "oh poo, here we go" tension build up but as soon as doggies front paws lifted off the floor, he immediately stopped pulling and sat down! I've never seen anything like it. I was amazed, astounded and, well, gobsmacked!

It was a similar story when meeting another dog later that walk. One little pull from him to try to drag me across the park per usual, and the harness kicked into action by leading him back towards me instead. Again he just sat down looking a tad confused and wimpered slightly at the unfairness of it all!

Having used it for only a few days, I am hoping that the effects don't wear off, or that he doesn't learn a new way of dragging me to his next victim (backwards or learning a crab-walk, perhaps?) but certainly for now, I am totally amazed by this product. I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommended it to anyone and everyone who has an excitable "pully" dog. Give it a go!

PS. it did seem a little weird to fit at first, but, following the instructions I got there and now it's second nature to put on. Easy peasy, in fact, once you know how.
11 comment25 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 April 2015
Fairly effective, my dog is a terrible puller from the collar, to the point of exhaustion, his and mine, making training very hard as exercise degenerates into a battle of wills. I have been trying a back harness, actually his bouyancy aid, which produced some improvement, but moving to the chest location has produced an immediate transformation of the experience, early days yet and he may recover confidence in pulling when he has acclimatised to the new sensations, but on his first two walks he has been considerably more tractable and more willing to pay attention to the voice, rather than in expending all his efforts in physical battle with the restraining lead. On the negative, the harness does pull tight under the under leg, and on longer walks I would be very concerned that he might suffer chaffing, the harness not having soft padding in areas of close contact. However he doesn't as yet show any aversion to the harness and lets it be fitted with no sign of resistance or dislike.
on 8 December 2014
Bought this after trying Many stop pull harnesses.. for my 25kgs strong Stafford X ...& he does walk a lot better but I DO double up with a half check collar too & double ended leather leash for safety.. I don't think I dare walk him on this harness alone as if he sees a cat he's off!!... defo works better with collar back up.. doesn't look much of a harness but its the principle of being able to turn the dog to you that works well, should a situation arrive.. still early days for us , but all going ok at moment...
on 16 June 2014
The dog changed from the first time we took him out on the new lead.
Highly recommended.
10 out of 10
on 9 August 2014
Excellent product have purchased two and would recommend this product to anyone who has a dog that pulls really hard . I have a very strong English bull terrier and being pulled along by 57lbs of pure muscle was no joke . Since using this harness him pulling me along , is now a thing of the past . I am now able to stroll along with my bully now , and it's almost as though he had never pulled at all , it's amazing .
on 28 February 2015
Very pleased with this harness. I am using it on a big dog who has a tendency to pull this has completed stopped him from pulling and my 87 year old mother takes him for walks in the harness. One of the best buys we have made since owing dogs.
on 5 March 2015
I thought this was just another harness to add to my collection of useless articles which claimed to control my gsd. How wrong was I. This is amazing, I don't know how it works but it does. I have a 16 month gsd who pulls like a train when walked on a traditional harness, once I fitted the walk your dog with love harness she walked beautifully. I have since purchased a second one for my 4 month old gsd it is no longer a chore to walk the 2 dogs together they are like angels. Thank you so much.