1) There are 2 armadillos - one on the north side of the river, one on the south bank. The one on the south bank is part of the Science Centre.
2) What's wrong with "Castlemilk pubs, East end streets, 60's tenement toilets..." ?? There are pubs in Castlemilk, east end streets is a phrase used in many previous books about Glasgow written by Glaswegian writers and in the 1960s, many tenements still had outside toilets.
3) North Rotunda - the criticism is correct.
4) Glasgae: The protagonist is Glaswegian Asian and this is how most Glaswegian Asians pronounce 'Glasgow', NOT as 'Glesga'.
5) Heroin - tea - cup - Sufi image of the 'jaam' (cup, goblet) of intoxicant. Also, the image of a drooling junkie.