on 12 January 2013
This case looks great and is well made to a high standard. It feels good quality and secures the ipod very well. BUT, I feel that there is a design fault with the case and not much thought has gone into the actual usability. I will try to explain... You would expect a flip case such as this would flip open outwards away from you, it doesn't however, it opens towards you. The problem with this, is that it is impeded by the fact that the headphone jack extends from the bottom of the ipod and as a result the case can't open fully. It would have worked much better had it opened outwards, I would have given it full stars in that case. As it happens, I don't use it and have bought a cheaper replacment that isn't nearly the same standard as this, but is less hassle to use.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 December 2012
I've bought a number of cases from Proporta over the years and I have to admit I have something of a soft spot for their wares. (Especially the aluminium lined cases) my last being a number of Proporta TurboCharger Pocket Power Emergency Portable Charger & External Battery to use as gifts. Anyway having recently purchased the latest I-Pod Nano, I found myself in the market for a case for it. However while cases abound for the nano, finding one which was say a little more discerning was just that little bit harder. So when I came across the Proporta offering I knew the quality and styling would be to my liking.

Well it arrived this morning and on opening the packaging I found an extremely well made and finished case. Ok the material used is a faux leather, but it looks good (Can't comment on how it will wear yet) Inside there is a wee plastic cradle into which you insert your Nano which contains a cut out for the volume buttons. There are two holes cut into the material. (One for your head phones and the other for the power lead) Inside they have lined the black material with a cream coloured one which really does look like leather. The stitching is flawless and like the cream coloured interior contrasts wonderfully the darkness of the outer covering. The whole cases is closed by a little magnetic flap

All in all most impressed, little miffed by the lack of an aluminium lining however on inspection there does seem to be some sort of lining (Plastic?) inside the topcover, but metal it ain't. However at the price I paid I cannot find fault with this case.

Have to admit I did like the nice touch of inserting a single Yorkshire tee bag packet inside the jiffy bag. As I a Yorkshire man (Born and bred) that really was the icing on the cake for me.

Update
Ok used the case for a while now and noticed one huge issue. The cutout in the case for the headphones isn't big enough for the plug and you really do have to push,squeeze and physically manhandle your earphone plug in which to get it inserted into your I-pod. In fact its much easier to simply just stick the plug into the I-pod with it fully open, which defeats the object of having a case. 1 star removed for that.
on 11 June 2013
So you've spent about £100 on a 7th gen nano and you want to keep it looking as good as it is now. You could spend a couple of quid buying some cheap cover... thing. Or you could invest in a leather case. I am very pleased with mine. It looks smart, stylish, lovely stitching and easy to open. Now I dont have any problem with opning my case fully with the headphones plugged in, but I do have to say that the phones I use are JVC over ear clip on types. Much more comfortable. I give this case four stars because it could do with a belt clip and a slot in puch cover to keep the ipod face dust free. It just slots into two grooves either side of the case and until it snaps into place. This is a tight fit and does need to be forced into its holder with a bit of pressure (not much) but that is especially great as you know its not going to fall out at all. The catch that keeps the case closed is magnetic for those of you like me who hate velcro (as it loses it pazzaz with age). Its very slim and fits into my trouser pocket so its one of those that will fit nicely into a shirt pocket as well. Overall I am very pleased with this and if anything did go wrong with it, I would definatly get another one. Would I recomend this? Yes. As I said you spent all that money on your ipod.. so get a decent case to go with it.
on 29 April 2013
Bought this for my teenage son, who has just bought an Ipod Nano.
At first I was impressed with the quality of the item, but my son soon found a couple of issues. Firstly, the case can only be opened fully without the headphones in place, making it difficult to operate the Nano. Second is the hole for the headphones which seems to have zero tolerance for anything over than Apple headphones. Other 'phones do fit, but it takes a bit of effort to get then into the hole properly.
Having taken the time to read some other reviews for this case, it seems the design has caused a few other people problems too.
Next time I'll read the reviews myself instead of taking a 13 year olds word for it.
on 22 August 2014
This really is a very well constructed case for the iPod nano 7g. It's got a great feel to it, though it does add a bit of bulk to the device (nothing too drastic).

However, as other people have noted, the hinge being located at the bottom the iPod does lead to some problems. My headphone cable has a rather large connector, and it just didn't want to play with the case. But, there's a really simple way to fix it - just slide the iPod in the other way around and problem solved!

If you're looking for a well made, quality case, which isn't one of the cheap bits of tat that seems to be crowding the market, this I highly recommend this.
on 21 July 2015
Looks and feels good. Has the appearance of quality. Certainly protects my nano from knocks and scratches.

But.... when you flip the thing open the headphone jack or the lightning cable can become dislodged. This is because it hinges on the side that the earphones and the lightening jack go through. If, like me, you are someone who is often fiddling with your ipod to look at song titles and adjust song ratings, it also means that the holes that these connectors go through become rather worn.

Its not a bad product, but it could have been better designed.
on 28 April 2014
I treated my husband to the newest iPod Nano for his birthday and wanted a small case for protection too. Unfortunately, the case I really wanted (the Kolay case) had a 1-3 month expected delivery time from Amazon and I couldn't wait that long, so I had to choose this one. I was reluctant, because as other reviews point out, the design is a little strange. It really should open from bottom-to-top, and not top-to-bottom. Anyway, I went ahead and ordered it, thinking it could be a temporary measure until the Kolay one could be delivered. But now it has arrived, I won't bother ordering the Kolay case. This case it lovely and my husband is very happy with it. Really well made and provides great protection for the whole Nano, including the screen (which a lot of cases don't). Yes, the ports for earphones and charging are at the hinge of the case but my husband has had no problem opening the case while connected to either cable. Don't let the design put you off, it is a great little case. Also helps to bulk up the Nano slightly, as it is so small on its own that it could be easily lost or damaged.
on 21 April 2015
Lovely soft, good quality case. There is one concern, however, I have with this case. The flip case opens from the top to bottom. The jack on my headphone is 'L-shape'. which means, when I open the case, to view my iPod, it forces the jack out of its connector thus disturbing my music enjoyment.
on 15 February 2014
Fantastic product. Can't really fault it! Very soft faux leather effect. Good quality stitching (I hate it when there are little tufts that are bound to come undone!) Case is sturdy and yet flexible at the hinge portion. Magnetic flap to hold the case together. Whole case is still easy to fit inside jeans pocket. Also very pleased that when headphones are plugged in, the case will still open easily to change the track etc. I feared that the wire would stop the case from opening. Ipod clips very easily into the case (start with the side with the volume button!) and is held securely. If I had to pick a fault, it would be that the side volume bar is not so easily accessible within the case, especially when the case is shut. But it comes with a lifetime guarantee and all in all, is a pretty impressive product for this price :) Very happy.
on 24 March 2014
This case has a classy look and feel to it due to the well-padded material and magnetic clasp. I agree with other reviews that say it is built the wrong way around but it still works without any problems and it’s not a reason to buy another make. The iPod fits nicely in the plastic retainer but I would’ve liked a clip at the top to stop the iPod sliding up when you push the headphones in. The hole for the headphones is a little tight but I pushed a pen lid in and wiggled it around and it’s a perfect fit now. In all a really nice cover, I just wish Proporta offered it with a belt clip and in more colours.

See one answered question