Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Fable II (Xbox 360) forum

Property and Stall rent..... Help!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Dec 2008 15:25:53 GMT
Mr. Tolstoy says:
Im having a bit of trouble in that i own various properties and stalls, and they give me rent every 5 minutes or so while i'm playing... I've heard that this should also happen while my xbox is off, but it doesn't seem to be happening.... Any ideas why not?? Much appreciated.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Dec 2008 19:23:19 GMT
T. Sparks says:
only works if you are actively playing the game. when you are doing jobs like woodcutting which takes ages to earn a decent some of money (about 20 mins) your rent gets added to you funds every 5 mins.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Dec 2008 01:45:46 GMT
Mr. Tolstoy says:
Thanks a lot.... i swear there was some rumour about it also happening when the console was off.. ah well.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Dec 2008 01:30:08 GMT
Claire Parry says:
The rumour is true. Whenever you turn your game back on a few seconds into play you should get a lump sum. If I turn my console off the next morning I get about 80,000G

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jan 2009 15:31:23 GMT
Marko says:
If you're not getting your rent when you first start the game after a not playing for a while, check the time and date settings on your xbox. Mine displays the correct time and date when connected to xbox live but as soon as i'm disconnected and the system is then turned off, the date is reset to 01/01/2005 when I next turn it on (until it detects my network after about 30 seconds and connects to Live). If I load the game before i've connected to Live (or manually changed the date myself) the game detects the reset date (In the past) and therefore doesn't detect the passing of time since you last played it, not giving you the rent you should have accumulated.
This has happened to me a couple of times and I've missed out on the 70,000 gold that I usually get over night

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Feb 2009 17:06:58 GMT
I've read various walkthroughs, and they all say you earn money even when you're not actively playing, but you don't. I made a note of the amount of gold I had, before I stopped playing, and the amount was still the same 1 day later. Annoying isn't it. The only thing I can think of, is if your playing live on the internet, but I haven't tried.

Posted on 16 Feb 2009 20:46:19 GMT
Mr. K. Wojna says:
To be honest worry not, gold is about the most unimportant thing in the game, just complete the quests and get eveything you need for free!

Posted on 18 Mar 2009 17:31:29 GMT
T. Stevenson says:
you can get money while playing but you need the game in the console. :)

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2009 12:19:17 BDT
"I've read various walkthroughs, and they all say you earn money even when you're not actively playing, but you don't."

Rubbish. You get rent added to your total every 5 minutes whether your console is on or not. When you load the game it checks your current time and date settings against the save you loaded it from and then adds the relevent amount of gold. I stopped playing this game for about 2 months and when I came back to it I had about 4 million gold.

Also it's very easy to scam the game as it doesn't deduct gold. Just change your date to 5 years ago, load a game, save it and exit, change the date back to current, reload the game and voila, you'll have about 8 billion gold.

Posted on 15 May 2009 09:02:46 BDT
4fdfas says:
When I Did this i unplugged my xbox live (you cant change date of your connected) and put year forward by about 10 years and when i turn it back on, you have lots of money but you have to loads of property and set the price to max to really make money
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Fable II (Xbox 360) forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  28 Dec 2008
Latest post:  15 May 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Fable II (Xbox 360)
Fable II (Xbox 360) by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
3.9 out of 5 stars (267)