- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: Tab Electronics (1 Jan. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0071807837
- ISBN-13: 978-0071807838
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 1.1 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (83 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
10,840 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #2 in Books > Computers & Internet > Software & Graphics > Internet Applications > Web-server Software > UNIX & Linux Operating Systems > Linux Distributions
- #4 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical > Electrical Engineering
- #10 in Books > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > Architecture & Microprocessors
- See Complete Table of Contents
Programming the Raspberry Pi: Getting Started with Python Paperback – 1 Jan 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
There is a newer edition of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
You can also find an electronics starter kit for the Raspberry Pi here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monk-Makes-Ltd-Raspberry-Starter/dp/B00IT6AYJO
About the Author
Dr. Simon Monk has a degree in Cybernetics and Computer Science and a PhD in Software Engineering. He spent several years as an academic before he returned to industry, co-founding the mobile software company Momote Ltd. Dr. Monk has been an active electronics hobbyist since his early teens and is a full-time writer on hobby electronics and open source hardware. He is the author of numerous electronics books, including 30 Arduino Projects for the Evil Genius and Arduino + Android Projects for the Evil Genius, as well as co-author of Practical Electronics for Inventors, Third Edition.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Moreover it gives information on the hardware as well. Wish I had bought the book earlier and before grandson arrived,
I found myself smiling at times as the read is easy on the brain, a relaxed style. I also found it a time waster as I got so involved that I had read to the end when I should have been in bed!!
Going through it the second time using the Pi at the same time made everything fall into place. I would recommend it to any person new to the Pi.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
this arrived quickly and safely as a well received birthday gift to a computer mad son.Published 29 days ago by violet allan
The book is good, stepping the reader through easily understood exercises in using the Pi. The only downside is that the Pi and its operating systems have moved on a little since... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Jim
This book starts well, and ends well: the bit in the middle is more problematic.
Simon Monk is excellent at advice on setting up your pi (the start of the book), and very good... Read more
It is quite a bit out of date, I tried to find web site mentioned, to download working programs, but could ntPublished 5 months ago by Peter Wood
Excellent guide, really good, starts at the beginning and goes from there..Published 5 months ago by MAB
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Architecture & Microprocessors
- Books > Computing & Internet > Hardware
- Books > Computing & Internet > PC & Video Games
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages
- Books > Computing & Internet > UNIX & Linux > Linux Distributions
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical > Electrical Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Electronics Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electrical Engineering
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies